The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

Beck

I still remember looking at this with my jaw at the ground while trying out the new Ati radeon 9800. Exciting times.

Now it just makes me sad that there's still no sequel to this awesome game. Fuck you Gabe, as if you couldn't hire a huge additional team with a 5 year dev cycle to bring closure to all the fans.

On 23/06/2017 at 10:18 AM, Beck said:

God, I remember watching that video so many times. It really was incredible back in the day.

Then the videos of CS:S that started to come out too. I don't think 16 year old me could contain myself.

I had my friend send me this demo on a CD to watch because back then I had 56k :v I think I wore the CD out.

Finally played Uplink. (windowed on half screen lol; had to restart it three times before it decided to run)

Playing in perspective, was really something. Can definitely spot some fundamentals of the HL narrative style that made the game. Great introduction of the big boss.

Didn't remember the movement was so fast and skiddy.

Edited by blackdog

• 3 weeks later...