The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

Beck

Arkane could of salvaged that prototype and made their own original game with it. Its so disconnected from half life it could of just been its own IP. That being said I think for the time frame they made it in and how "new" source was at the time they did a really good job with the atmosphere and the lighting. The biggest issue with the gameplay presented is there are next to no breaks. You go from one zombie encounter to another in quick succession and often times have to solve puzzles while they are attacking you. The combat looked like it could be fun if they ever got passed just having zombies run at you. Overall a bit of a shame it never went anywhere, but at the same time Arkane also had bigger and better ideas that worked out for them.

On 5/9/2022 at 10:02 PM, fewseb said:

Its so disconnected from half life it could of just been its own IP. […]
The biggest issue with the gameplay presented is there are next to no breaks. You go from one zombie encounter to another in quick succession and often times have to solve puzzles while they are attacking you. The combat looked like it could be fun if they ever got passed just having zombies run at you.

+1 ?

I’m sure if it progressed they would have polished it, but I just don’t see how it would have been good as a full on expansion the size of Aftermath/Ep2.

Valve themselves only stretched the concept for one chapter.

Having stuff like those fast running zombies seems quite off-brand, and I don’t think they intended to replace them with the HL2 fast zombies… or they would have just used those?

I dunno, Ravenholm was a horror set piece, this was becoming L4D.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

+1 ?

I’m sure if it progressed they would have polished it, but I just don’t see how it would have been good as a full on expansion the size of Aftermath/Ep2.

Valve themselves only stretched the concept for one chapter.

Having stuff like those fast running zombies seems quite off-brand, and I don’t think they intended to replace them with the HL2 fast zombies… or they would have just used those?

I dunno, Ravenholm was a horror set piece, this was becoming L4D.

Arkane, stated they had already that kind of boomer zombies stuff before L4D came out. In the previous documentary