The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

Beck

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dux said:

So valve cancels the game awards demo, the first time we get to see the game in action. And instead allows some shaky, blurry ass, cam footage to be released instead of dudes teleporting up a ladder...

8476416058_84944b8d7a.jpg

I think they’re just bracing us for a delay in March. It’s whatever, a late game is better than a bad game.

I'm just thinking out loud that if they weren't happy with the demo why let the shaky 3rd party footage be the first real glimpse we get at someone playing? I'm not trying to sound like a knob or anything just seemed a strange choice to me. But what do I know :v 

EDIT : I also thought this was the Alyx thread my bad

Edited by dux

17 minutes ago, dux said:

I'm just thinking out loud that if they weren't happy with the demo why let the shaky 3rd party footage be the first real glimpse we get at someone playing? I'm not trying to sound like a knob or anything just seemed a strange choice to me. But what do I know :v 

EDIT : I also thought this was the Alyx thread my bad

You’re right, the tested video was so bad and boring and the footage so poorly presented that although my hype levels are high for Alyx I couldn’t watch it one sitting and it took me two days to get through. But maybe they just didn’t have a solid trailer cut in time and didn’t want to disappoint when expectations were really high and the trailer would be beside a lot of other AAA titles. And I still also doubt they make March, so that’s probably part of it.

The announce trailer looked great, then I skimmed through the Tested video thinking it would get better, but it was like watching the video of an early alpha. Makes you think Valve did it again, presenting a completely fake trailer of a game there is not made yet.

I don't plan in watching the Tested video properly, it just riles me up and makes me doubt everything. And anyway I don't have a VR device so I don't need to worry about it for now.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...