Battlefield 4

Thrik

EA's strategy is smarter than Activision's imo. They're leap-frogging between two modern war franchises rather than the same one like Activision. One year MOH, one year BF3, one year MOH 2 (where we are now!), next year BF4. So they're using both games to take on CoD, not just one or the other really.

not at all far fetched. i may even go so far as to say that the way COD has been released every year with a new MP has shown EA that they could do the same with battlefield.

I don't really understand the appeal of yearly iterations either, like CoD, fifa, etc... But hey, seems like enough people like it :P Well, at least BF won't join em.

I'm not really sure how CoD still sells like hotcakes year after year, but in defence of selling a FIFA game every year I will say that it is a bit more important with sports games as the player roster changes every year, and even the laws rules of the sport may change every year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Meh. Surprisingly I'm really not interested considering how much I fucking loved all the battlefields up to bf3. If battlefield is going to become more and more single player focused they need to actually stop this made up modern war bullshit that CoD4 started, otherwise it detracts from what should be a great multiplayer game.

I thought BF3 was absolutely splendid, although I feel like I've missed out by not getting the newer as they look a lot more BF2142-ish (king of Battlefield games). Might just wait for BF4 instead unless it turns out to be a heaving mess of vomit.

I really enjoyed the multiplayer half of BF3. There's lots of variety in the maps and now there are a few game modes for each there's plenty to do. Lots of weapons and gadgets to unlock and the vehicles are great.

The single player, whilst nice to look at, was horribly boring to play.

I really enjoyed the multiplayer half of BF3. There's lots of variety in the maps and now there are a few game modes for each there's plenty to do. Lots of weapons and gadgets to unlock and the vehicles are great.

The single player, whilst nice to look at, was horribly boring to play.

Exactly. The game would have actually been a better game without the singleplayer, it detracts from the quality of the overall product.

Battlefield is a multiplayer game first and foremost, but for what it's worth then I enjoyed the SP in BF3 a lot more than any of the last 3-4 COD games, which is what they're competing with.

Missions like those are super scripted, but so are some of COD's best moments. Wouldn't mind if DICE went a bit more back to the slightly sandboxy feel of Bad Company's SP, or mixed these together a bit.

I'm just happy if it doesn't place in a primarily middle eastern setting. Going back to China ala BF2 would be sweet~

BF3 is the best BF to date. The SP doesn't magically detract from the MP.

Most of us can agree that, if all the effort that went into the SP was funneled into the MP it would be an even better game. But you seriously can't say that the MP experience is hamstrung!

Edited by Puddy

That is true. The only reason I played the SP part was because my internet was down and I felt like seeing some pretty visuals.

The only thing I didn't really like in the MP was the client-side hit detection. If I ran behind cover some guy could still hit me on his game. I guess it's not so bad since if you hit someone on your screen you actually hit them. It's just a little frustrating for the guy getting hit. :P

BF3 is the best BF to date. The SP doesn't magically detract from the MP.

Most of us can agree that, if all the effort that went into the SP was funneled into the MP it would be an even better game. But you seriously can't say that the MP experience is hamstrung!

Where did I? I said, it detracts from the game... Heres some math for you:

MP gets a review score of 90

SP gets a review score of 70

MP only game gets a review score of 90

SP & MP game gets a review score of 80

Magic...