Thrik

Battlefield 4

I tried to play this last night with some friends and every single server we went on had massive amounts of rubber banding, crashing, un-able to connect and just general lag. It's a really horrible experience, I understand they keep getting DDOS'd though? Just wish the game would get fixed and it'd all work, I don't remember BF3 being this bad at launch.

Anyway, the trailer below looks great and it's nice to see some of the old maps back. It'd be nice to see some other maps too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkek5slFXBg

There's a calendar on Battlelog showing you when everything is coming out for premium:

e7ncsfF.png

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/premium/

I didn't realise China Rising was out so soon (Next week!) but I'm guessing they will release each expansion about every 2 months like in BF3. So the Second Assault expansion should be out around February? 

Shit boy, going to be plenty of extra maps out by the time I get this. Just hope they fix these worryingly widespread issues resolved, although if it's true they're being DDoSed then no wonder they're fucked.

fuck i srsly think about premium damn ;/

but that calendar doesn't show when DLC's are out, just Chinia rising - or i'm missing smth ?

Edited by knj

Second Assault is a timed exclusive for the xbone, for around two weeks or something.

@ Beck, are you on a wireless setup? Adjusting the network slider in the options menu might help, might also be something with network throttling that you can try to turn off.

Second Assault is a timed exclusive for the xbone, for around two weeks or something.

@ Beck, are you on a wireless setup? Adjusting the network slider in the options menu might help, might also be something with network throttling that you can try to turn off.

Nah I'm wired with 60mb/sec internet. Every other game I play is fine and my download speeds aren't throttled.

Are you guys still getting DDoSed? As I said all my friends were experiencing the same lag as me and a couple of them have different ISP's, some wired and some wireless, so I'm guessing it's not our side where the problems are occurring?

fuck i srsly think about premium damn ;/

but that calendar doesn't show when DLC's are out, just Chinia rising - or i'm missing smth ?

I guess they've not announced the dates yet, I was just guessing based on what they did with the BF3 expansions.

Edited by Beck

I tried to play this last night with some friends and every single server we went on had massive amounts of rubber banding, crashing, un-able to connect and just general lag. It's a really horrible experience, I understand they keep getting DDOS'd though? Just wish the game would get fixed and it'd all work, I don't remember BF3 being this bad at launch.

Anyway, the trailer below looks great and it's nice to see some of the old maps back. It'd be nice to see some other maps too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkek5slFXBg

God damn, every Battlefield trailer just leaves me wanting to wet myself. How can there still be people not totally on board with the Battlefield experience?? I talk to a lot of people IRL who are completely indifferent towards it yet wet themselves over every new CoD. 

It actually didn't occur to me the returning maps would feature levolution, very happy to see they won't be largely straight ports. I had countless good times on Caspian Border and Gulf of Oh Man in particular.

God damn, every Battlefield trailer just leaves me wanting to wet myself. How can there still be people not totally on board with the Battlefield experience?? I talk to a lot of people IRL who are completely indifferent towards it yet wet themselves over every new CoD.

COD takes minimal brain effort.

Edited by Dark

CoD doesn't suffer from inconsistent animations. Remember vaulting in BF3? I find animations to be tighter and more predictable in CoD, even if it looks silly.

I also find gun inaccuracy (perhaps it's more realistic?) to be really annoying in Battlefield. I just feel like I'm spraying all the time. You can't even properly double tap for a kill. I definitely prefer Counterstrike's system and CoD is closer to that than Battlefield is.

There's also the weird collision issues, like jeeps on terrain and that. Everything feels jittery and then there's the netcode whatever issues.

It's very much not a tight experience for me. Very dramatic and cool but not very precise and consistent. It doesn't help that the hardware requirements are through the roof and the simulation stuff doesn't properly work at lower than 60 FPS. I guess a lot of my issues would be resolved if I had a better PC.

I just play Battlefield for the vehicles and cos it's cool to play in a team with so many players but I find the basic stuff, e.g. shooting people, not very fun.  :P If I played more games these days I would totally give CoD another shot, it's just different, not worse. I'd rather see a mix with the best of both worlds, blasphemy I know xD

Baseline: Please focus more on gameplay experience, less on art. But yeah, I'm not on the BF4 team :)

Edited by Chimeray

Agreed with Chimeray. As much as I hate to admit it, Call of Duty is fucking cocaine. Ancient but super-tight animation system, Quake 3 engine rigidness, near-perfect hit registration and hella-responsiveness of basically everything.

I think the BF franchise has prioritised art and lens flares a bit too much the last iterations tbh, so I can see why some people stray from it.

Edited by Puddy

As much hate as it gets, Call of Duty is fun, it's that simple. Yeah, some of the stuff they use is recycled and apart from some minor tweaks and new features, it's essentially just a map pack every year, but it's an awesome one. I completely agree with Puddy and Chimeray, it's addictive. It's a tried and tested formula that just works - year after year. It's easy to pick up and jump straight into and the fact it has such a big competitive scene behind it helps.

I agree that Battlefield has prioritised visuals and the game play does take a hit, but only a small one.You can't beat it when playing with friends. The maps, the destruction, the vehicles, it's just chaos. Every single time you play it feels like a totally different experience. They're both day one purchases for me!

Edited by Nerve

I've been plodding through the campaign while some of the dust settles on MP, and I have to say I'm really impressed. Yeah, sure, it's a bombastic military shooter but it's a really good one - this might be the finest one since Modern Warfare. The South China Sea mission is one of the greatest FPS levels I've played in recent memory.

Congrats to everyone here who had a hand in this; I'm going to put a lot of time into this game.

so the soundtrack is up on spotify and i like it, but the main theme is butchered this time (i liked the Bf3 theme tho)

Been listening to it this morning and it's some pretty good shit, much better than the BF3 soundtrack IMO. You're right about the theme, Warsaw is a good expansion of the traditional theme (I like the twist it adds) but I'm still waiting for something that reaches the orchestral majesty of Battlefield 2142's. :D

BTW, hear the version of the theme the London Philharmonic Orchestra did? God damn!

TAKE MY MONEY

Battlefield 5 theme