• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

connecting to servers is the next dlc

this is gold !

Posted Images

Is there a way to buy BF4 Premium before release? Or do I have to buy BF4 and then buy premium later? 

Getting hyped for this though! So many good games coming out >_<

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/buy

Seems like it's pretty much the same like with BF3? Pre-order and get 1 DLC for free. The exception is that you're now able to get Premium before the game is released.

Is there a way to buy BF4 Premium before release? Or do I have to buy BF4 and then buy premium later? 

Getting hyped for this though! So many good games coming out >_<

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/buy

Seems like it's pretty much the same like with BF3? Pre-order and get 1 DLC for free. The exception is that you're now able to get Premium before the game is released.

What I don't get with that is that premium is cheaper than the base game itself.

Does premium include BF4? It did with BF3?

Yeah, I miss those days :(

It's quite expensive too, for BF4 standard + Premium from EA is $109.98 which is currently £70.12 which is more than double the cost of most PC games. 

Hopefully it will be cheaper elsewhere.

Edited by Beck

It's twice the cost cos Premium includes all expansion packs, which pretty much totals to content for a whole new game. DICE LA will (is already?) working on Premium although some of the early expansions are still made inhouse. Which is why you saw the GM of DICE LA in that video at gamescom.

It's confusing indeed ;)

I still don't understand why the pre-order incentive is included in Premium... Why would you pre-order if you can wait till release, check out reviews and then just get Premium for no additional cost with all content? I suppose cos the pre-order of the base game is a tiny bit cheaper before it's released? Or if you're not interested in Premium at all then the free DLC is kinda nice. Anyhow, still sounds a bit like a weak incentive for the hardcore fans... But then again, they don't need an incentive :/

Slightly related, I know there's been some confusion regarding which studio is gonna work on which IP so here:

“We will support a lot of what's made in Stockholm from LA,” DICE CEO Patrick Söderlund told Eurogamer. “Imagine stuff like potential expansion packs and premium services being managed and handled out of LA. But the main game, Battlefront, is being built in Sweden. And so is Mirror's Edge. And so is Battlefield 4.
Edited by Chimeray

It's twice the cost cos Premium includes all expansion packs, which pretty much totals to content for a whole new game. DICE LA will (is already?) working on Premium although some of the early expansions are still made inhouse. Which is why you saw the GM of DICE LA in that video at gamescom.

It's kind of funny when you look back. Battlefield 2142 (after patches) had 17 maps, and two added via a single DLC. Battlefield 3 had nine maps, and a further 20 added via five DLCs. What's Battlefield 4 going to be, five maps in the base game? :D

I'm thinking I won't pre-order BF4 (for the first time in the series) and if it's anything like BF3 the release-day content will be a bit shit and lacking the variety needed to keep me playing for more than a month or two. The game will probably be a bit cheaper too by then, oh wait no it won't because I'd have to buy the basic 'DLC' that pre-order people get for free or have like no maps — smart move EA. ;/

It's kind of funny when you look back. Battlefield 2142 (after patches) had 17 maps, and two added via a single DLC. Battlefield 3 had nine maps, and a further 20 added via five DLCs. What's Battlefield 4 going to be, five maps in the base game? :D

Well I don't know a lot about these decisions and finances and such so I assume it's cos costs of development have gone up over the years? It's a bit unfair to compare that to a game that's 7 years old.

I don't play a lot of MP shooters anymore so unfortunately I don't know how many maps other games ship with these days.

Edited by Chimeray

I've learnt to live with the way they're structuring the Battlefield games' DLC and appreciate the reasons why, it just seems a little lame as a gamer that by not pre-ordering (I won't have a suitable PC in time) I'll then have to fork out for the China stuff, and then to play on all the servers I'll likely need the other DLCs that come along too. It almost feels like the core game isn't worth having by itself.

I'll be interested to see how many maps the core game ships with though. Don't think it's been revealed yet?