Battlefield 4

Thrik

I think you touched on the main problem I have there. I personally thought the content in Battlefield 3 upon release was meagre at best. I was a huge fan of BF2 and BF2142 and enjoyed most of the maps, but in BF3 it felt like many of them were designed for more CoD-based fans and there were only a few in the core game I felt were truly Battlefield maps.

I'm kind of expecting the same to happen again: a paltry selection of maps, at least half of which are designed for this new generation of FPS gamers (ie: small and not very open). Not that I'm saying both sides shouldn't be catered for, but when the amount of content for each becomes so small it makes it very hard to stomach being stung for a few extra maps unless I preorder.

With the Karkand maps included I'd say that BF3 just about felt like decent value for money, but the core game certainly didn't. I never got any of the DLC because by that point I'd decided that I'd spent enough on that game.

1942 and bf2 released with like 8 maps, the rest were added later in boosters/expansions. only thing that's changed is now you pay for it. it's not free/cheap to support games on consoles, there's a big cost every time you put out new content for people. charging supports the studio and the dev team that make the content. from a personal point i would love to see things added for free but that's why i'm not in charge.

That looks incredible but the gameplay video looked exactly like BF3. Was it running on lower settings or something?

I'm a bit underwhelmed by how similar this is to BF3, I was hoping for something more dramatic like BF2142 — it was very similar to BF2 but the new setting made it sweet. That said, return of the commander role is obviously a great thing and I hope the squad/teamplay mechanics in general have been improved because that's what makes Battlefield special.

The bit in the video where they were in the huge-ass building with curtains blowing in wind and a helicopter firing in was awesome. Interesting layouts like that and bigger maps will make me very happy.

http://www.gametrail...videos-trailers

vid's from MP at E3, at this point it looks just like BF3 (visual's) but it might be due the low vid's quality

and i havn't seen all of this, but i am really intrested in the new weapons, and vehicles (other than boats) it's as i seen the same stuff, i hop DICE will bring more

squad size is now 5 (?)

Edited by knj