Radical Entertainment - Being Closed

Sad :(~~~ never tried any of the Prototype games, remember being tempted to try the first one, but it came out at the same time as Infamous, and that just looked more interesting. And yeah, definitely not healthy that most of these games need to sell 1.5 to 2m just to break even, market just can't support this kind crazy project budgeting.

Caveat, what's crazy isn't that it needs to sell 2 million to break even, that's just logical for any AAA game. What's crazy is that we as an industry have shifted from 2 million copies (ca 80 million dollars in revenue after taking in consideration the price tag, return of unsold copies to the publisher) is good, we can have sequels; to HOLY SHIT WE DIDN'T MAKE 150 million PROFIT, let's cut this shit out.

Kotick said it best, they're not interested in licenses that can't generate 100 million dollars or more of PROFIT EVERY YEAR.

And he's not the only one, EA and Riccitiello could easily have made another Mirror's Edge. 1.7 Million copies from a team of 30-50 people is PLENTY of money.

Damn, it's getting more and more scarry what happens to preety decent developers. It kinda sucks when indie dev meets giants like EA or Ubi, and there's nothing other. Anyway I didn't enjoyed Prototype, it wasn't a AAA game to me but still it's sad that it isn't possible to live by making auch a not bad after all games.

Anyone knows someone from Radical laid off? Any Mapcorians?

Vancouver is brutal.... Unless you work for relic or EAGames

I know someone who is a character artist and got a job as a facilities worker there to just be in a studio environment and that was a month ago. He has 1 month left to take all the furniture out |:

Vancouver is brutal.... Unless you work for relic or EAGames

Relic is owned by THQ, which is not exactly doing great. They just cancelled a project which saw Relic lose one of their two teams.

EA Sports? Love to use contractors and fire 500 people each year when they're done with the latest EA sports games.