Sprony

Wolfenstein Returns?

Exactly, so you are talking about fanboyism.

Since I've openly stated he went a bit too far with his statement, I think I might reply.

"Upset" is definitely an exaggeration (in my case). From a gamer point of view, I find very curious his choice: there are other sequel/remakes/what-have-you that came out or were announced recently to which I won't pay attention to, while Wolfenstein is something from our generation's youth, so it's quite natural to be tingled at the idea of an actualization of the game.

But imo the point is not even which game you refer to, because the message, the critique to the Industry gets lost in the noise of the gamers reaction. I don't agree at how the critique is made... I mean, we could say as well: "who needs the Nth platform game? the Nth fighting game?", there are plenty of those and aren't those stagnant as well? In fact "This is an old school [insert-game-genre-here]" has become a selling point. So, it's very shallow to put the argument in this form.

In his DICE speech Spector advocated in favour of mature, narrative-oriented games (and he was cheered on the emotional wave that GOTY The Walking Dead created); I can definitely get behind that statement, but I'm certainly not looking forward for the market to be flooded with games with little interaction and zero skill required.

Edited by blackdog

It plays like a 90's shooter and it uses healthpacks instead of regen. Fuck, I'm sold!

more excited after watching that video than i was before... promising looking stuff

also very exciting that the main character has some duke style humor, apparently

Edited by FMPONE

I didn't get excited about that video... :sad:

Because...

It feels like "yet another FPS where you are a though guy kicking bad soldiers asses"

Wolfenstein invented that, if it aint broke, don't fix it...

Does look somewhat generic to me as well, but I kinda like the vibe they're going for, very tongue in cheek. Can't go wrong with Nazi's on the moon :v

After seeing the vids and knowing that they've got some of the Starbreeze staff from Riddick & The Darkness I'm sold. I haven't yet seen Bethesda put out a turd, yes I liked Rage, so if this trend continues.....