[HP]

Metal Gear Solid 5

Ok so, as a non-PS owner whom MGS' trailers always sent shivers down, and from Snake Eater always tempted to get the platform… I think this trailer is really ugly.

Whats that shit Times-like font in the post credit scene? "Ultimate eVolution" as "evangelion, yes I ripped you off"?

And I'm ignorant in the evolution of Snake, I know there are many different Snakes (whhhhyyyy?!?!?! this always drew me crazy 😡) seems like this spoils everything in terms of narrative??!!

Edited by blackdog

Ok so, as a non-PS owner whom MGS' trailers always sent shivers down, and from Snake Eater always tempted to get the platform… I think this trailer is really ugly.

Whats that shit Times-like font in the post credit scene? "Ultimate eVolution" as "evangelion, yes I ripped you off"?

And I'm ignorant in the evolution of Snake, I know there are many different Snakes (whhhhyyyy?!?!?! this always drew me crazy 😡) seems like this spoils everything in terms of narrative??!!

You new to the franchise? There's few things in MGS that are completely original, even the name Snake is completely taken from the movie Escape from LA (including the eyepatch). In MGS2, Snake even hides under the name "Plissken" lol.
Kojima is a movie aficionado, and he always injects movie pop culture into his games, half the fun fun of them is figuring where they come from.

As for the font, every different MGS game trailer has some really peculiar font choices. MGS4 for instance went for the brush style font, and if you go back to the previous ones you'll see other styles as well, not defending that horrible Times new roman font, just saying that he likes to play with shit like that, and not always successfully. lol

As for the many "Snakes", it's not really that complicated, there's Big Boss, and then there's 3 clones. Liquid, Solid and Solidus.

Edited by (HP)

http://gamerant.com/kojima-metal-gear-solid-5-displays-946/

Loving this!

Oh, and if some of you is not into the MGS lore, i recommend playing or watching the story of Peace Walker and MGS3 - those are the most important games for the MGSV - as for the story

Edited by knj

I don't care if there are practical reasons for the terrible font choice: it's hurting eyes.

Thanks HP for those pointers, I know a couple of basic things like the original aspect of the character, always been fascinated by the saga, but never played.

Actually I tried MGS, the PC port, and abandoned it straight away, controls were unbearable after having played the first Splinter Cell.

I might watch the whole saga recap that has been linked above, to be seen if before or after playing Ground Zeroes which I bought when recently was discounted on Steam. Depending if I enjoy, I might get TPP (since the first gameplay made me think it's the ultimate espionage sandbox I was dreaming as a child)

Can't stop watching the Launch trailer!
Jesus, such a piece of art, brings a tear to my eye every fucking time I'm watching it. Such a great saga. I remember when I cried like a lil child after the final clash between Snake and Ocelot/Revoler, at the end of MGS4. This is over half of my life with Snake, man! Can't wait till Tuesday! 

I know what you mean, I've literally grown up with these crazy-ass characters like Snake and Revolver Ocelot. I played my first Metal Gear Solid game when I was... 11? And I'm now 28. It's all so silly but when you've spent so much time following the series it becomes something else. What else has run for so long and been consistently good? Not many games, mostly Japanese ones. :D

To see a huge missing part of their evolution as characters brought to life and also the best Metal Gear game yet in terms of gameplay is going to be brilliant. Also the fact that it looks like we'll see the return of some other much-loved characters (although perhaps not in a lovable way) — wonderful.

Alright, so I managed to get a copy last night and take it for a spin!

KxYmwFz.jpg

Call me a fucking nerd, but I was so excited my heart was racing. Played it for about 4 hours last night, before my eyes just gave up and forced me to go to bed, I couldn't believe that not only I was playing a new MGS game, I was playing what's most likely the last true MGS game, and oh man it's a glorious game...

I won't spoil anything for anyone of course, but just to talk a little bit about it, the first couple of hours of the game are absolutely batshit kojisan-insane cinematic action.
As for the core of the game itself, I only played a few missions, but I can already tell I'll be spending dozens of hours immersed into this world. It still feels like that familiar Metal Gear game we all know and love but at the same time it feels like a new kind of game I've never played before,almost feels like a new genre of game, it's so fresh! The freedom you have in here is absolutely unparalleled, and there's so many different ways to tackle the missions, that most likely no two playthroughs from two diferent people of a single mission will be the same, which of course adds a lot of replayability value to the game.

It just feels so good to play a game that doesn't underestimate the players intelligence, quite the contrary it asks for the player to be creative with his thinking, this game breathes gameplay and I love it for it!

Again, I only played a few hours but let me know if you have any questions, as long as they're not related to the story.

Edited by (HP)

Alright, so I managed to get a copy last night and take it for a spin!

KxYmwFz.jpg

Call me a fucking nerd, but I was so excited my heart was racing. Played it for about 4 hours last night, before my eyes just gave up and forced me to go to bed, I couldn't believe that not only I was playing a new MGS game, I was playing what's most likely the last true MGS game, and oh man it's a glorious game...

I won't spoil anything for anyone of course, but just to talk a little bit about it, the first couple of hours of the game are absolutely batshit kojisan-insane cinematic action.
As for the core of the game itself, I only played a few missions, but I can already tell I'll be spending dozens of hours immersed into this world. It still feels like that familiar Metal Gear game we all know and love but at the same time it feels like a new kind of game I've never played before,almost feels like a new genre of game, it's so fresh! The freedom you have in here is absolutely unparalleled, and there's so many different ways to tackle the missions, that most likely no two playthroughs from two diferent people of a single mission will be the same, which of course adds a lot of replayability value to the game.

It just feels so good to play a game that doesn't underestimate the players intelligence, quite the contrary it asks for the player to be creative with his thinking, this game breathes gameplay and I love it for it!

Again, I only played a few hours but let me know if you have any questions, as long as they're not related to the story.

More like Day -5 Edition :v

Not jelly at all ;_;