Metal Gear Solid 5

-HP-

The actress that plays Quiet is soo sweet, but why they gave her so BIG BOOBS (i like boobs :v) but there are some kind of girls that looks good with smaller, she was  that kind of beauty 

As for those shoots some of them looks like HD MGS3 - still hyped tho

This wolf business makes me think of this look.gif

Plus, like Mazy said, animations?? Not just the throwing, but also jumping... and dog is awkward as well. I dunno what Kojima is doing, or just i continue to not like the way Japanese put irony into a story.

Edit: where the fuck the horse comes from? why does he get the suit delivered if he just started the mission? what the fuck is this business with the baloon extraction thing even with the enemies?? (And why would a soldier surrender and not pick up the weapon if you turn your back to him).

And what about the completely idiotic soldiers not aware of their mates disappearing? /facepalm

Looks like the dumbest sneaking game ever, from this demo

looks phenomenal, though the environments are suffering a bit from very simplistic lighting

In sunny scenes, this game to me looks like the most photorealistic thing around Edited by blackdog

Edit: where the fuck the horse comes from? why does he get the suit delivered if he just started the mission? what the fuck is this business with the baloon extraction thing even with the enemies?? (And why would a soldier surrender and not pick up the weapon if you turn your back to him).

And what about the completely idiotic soldiers not aware of their mates disappearing? /facepalm

Looks like the dumbest sneaking game ever, from this demo

Did you even ever play a MGS game? 

Please people, understand that in games, more often than not, realism is enemy of fun. And Kojima's team knows and understands this and they've been taking liberties since the original MGS to ultimately make the game more fun.

If you want realism, go for a hike.

No i only tried the very first one on PC, way after I got used to Splinter Cell and haven't been able to get to the elevator at the beginning of the game, even though I had done all the training rooms :$

I know that MGS has all these little bits like the box/barrel… but still I find incomprehensible this balloon mechanic: what does it do, what's the purpose? Score?

I can understand and appreciate the lol factor of catapulting some guy down a cliff with the decoy-mine, but you cannot justify that guards standing like 20m away don't react to that.

Edited by blackdog

No i only tried the very first one on PC, way after I got used to Splinter Cell and haven't been able to get to the elevator at the beginning of the game, even though I had done all the training rooms :$

I know that MGS has all these little bits like the box/barrel… but still I find incomprehensible this balloon mechanic: what does it do, what's the purpose? Score?

I can understand and appreciate the lol factor of catapulting some guy down a cliff with the decoy-mine, but you cannot justify that guards standing like 20m away don't react to that.

The fultons (balloons) bring that thing back to your base. There are videos of fultoning a sheep and then going to your base and the sheep is there. With the enemies, they might just be turned into a currency, or maybe they are converted to your team, I don't know

Yeah the mgs serie is definetely not the best stealth games nowadays, but this is more a story driven adventure game than a stealth game really.

That's why I was really interested in this one, now that it is finally multi platform release.

Then more than one person, that have played every chapter, told me that Kojima's work is a bit overrated on that regard too.

Anyway, I'm still very curious, particularly because of the openness, day cycle and stuff… but after seeing the real gameplays, feels like they haven't learnt anything from previous chapters and other games.

I've always been very attracted by MGS, they just didn't make it easily available, and going back to the first chapters was painful (only keyboard compared to mouse if I remember correctly).

When MGS4 was coming out I was surprised to see a modern game so cluttered on UI, and now this as well looks too busy to do apparently the same things that Splinter Cell and Hitman do much more elegantly.

Unless I'm missing something the most obvious use of the balloon is that it allows you to get rid of enemy bodies, which is always one of the main priorities in an MGS game considering that one being spotted results in serious trouble. I'm assuming that it's somehow limited in terms of uses to prevent the game becoming too easy, though.

I think the original MGS has aged pretty badly because the camera makes it incredibly difficult to play properly (the GameCube-only remake of MGS1 is far better because it allows first-person aiming like the later games), but I would say that upon release every MGS game has had absolutely excellent gameplay mechanics and indeed that is one of the main reasons why the series is consistently so popular. Splinter Cell and Hitman might be good but I've always found them significantly behind MGS in terms of fun stealth that makes you feel empowered yet vulnerable.

I don't know how MGS5 will pan out, but I've personally always loved the UI in the previous MGS games. I didn't find MGS4's UI cluttered at all, all you had on screen were your health/stamina, a mini-map if you had that tool enabled, and icons showing which gadget/weapon you had equipped (nothing would appear otherwise). MGS always shows you the basics in a really elegant way IMO.

Thanks for the input Thrik, didn't explain myself properly on UI: I am not referring to what's at any moment on screen (the HUD) but the menus you have to go through to select an item seem very bloated to me. There's a lot of clicking and scrolling from what I can see.

Edited by blackdog

• 5 months later...