• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This game is weird, the more I see the less impressed I am. :oops: Is it just me or are the graphics getting less compelling too? When first unveiled it looked truly next-gen, now... not so much. Maybe it's just because I've been watching so many incredible-looking next-gen videos.

Someone with the same thoughts :oops:

visuals always get nerfed before shipping, as the realization of many factors comes into play, time to even make it all pretty and second and most important target frame rate, this is also why the division was full of so much awesome details, but just the single street on the demo. Demos are treated like movies where play paths are carefully planned and as such don;t represent the entire product, I really dislike that part of our industry.

that's not to say all these games aren't really pretty and insanely awesome, just demos and early footage are evil :)

This game is weird, the more I see the less impressed I am. :oops: Is it just me or are the graphics getting less compelling too? When first unveiled it looked truly next-gen, now... not so much. Maybe it's just because I've been watching so many incredible-looking next-gen videos.

Was about to say this as well, the more I see from this lately, the less interested I am in it. Don't think it's as much the graphics, but that it feels more and more like Assassin's Creed with a hacking element and guns + cars. Maybe it's because GTA just looks so much more compelling in every way to me, but it does feel like they've been losing steam steadily after that amazing sucker punch of a first demo at E3 2012.

I should clarify that I didn't just mean the graphics, although I was expecting the PS4/XBone versions to look a bit better than they do. Like Mazy says, it's more the gameplay is becoming less attractive-looking as I see more of it. It might be because the initial footage only showed a tantalising glimpse of the possibilities and my imagination probably expected there to be more to it than there is, whereas as I've seen more footage I'm seeing something more like LA Noire which is great for a little while bit quickly runs out of steam.

I'm still optimistic as I love the concept, I just hope the game can hold my interest once the initial cool factor of the mechanics wears off. A great narrative is what's needed; all I've seen so far is 'dude hacks into big network and is a vigilante', which is a great foundation for a story but not a story in and of itself — I just hope they realise that and aren't hoping that alone will carry the game full of endless execution/intervention missions.

• 3 weeks later...

"[in Watch Dogs] you can stand still and profile people for ten minutes - you're playing without moving, almost. I think that's even more important to me than just adding size to it. I don't want size just becoming a space between A and B. We have a huge world but it's more about the density."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-27-watch-dogs-boss-compares-its-chicago-map-to-gta5s-scale