[UDK] Shadow Diver - student game

Em'

Shadow Diver

splash_donotremove.jpg

Hi guys, I present you the demo i was working on during my school year at Gamagora (french 1 year school for video game) for the last 3 months.

Download link - 700mb - http://www.shadowdiver-game.com/demo/ShadowDiver.zip

So here it is, our project was presented yerterday to some profesionnals, teachers and random people who just want to learn more about the school.

_____

Who has never dreamed to fly as a bird … On Mars! Shadow diveris the revisited myth of Icarus, a crossover between extreme sport and science fiction. A free fall dive game in a futuristic urban environment.

Shadow Diver is an ambitious project, carried out by a team of 17 students who aim to develop a game demo in only 3 months. Shadow Diver is also a story-based game which is built around a succession of missions. The success or failure of the player will have an impact on the way the story unfolds.

_____

That's the official speech. Unofficially, we have a 8 minutes video of gameplay with 3 (or 4) cinematics.

The goal is to fly from point A to point B, flying and falling in the Martian canyon.

All this in with 6 gadgets (slow motion, vision cones detections turrets, extra battery for the wingsuit, breathing mask for hazardous area, shield drones, and large EMP) that the player can get by unlocking trigger placed in the canyon.

The player will have a choice between two factions to deliver them a package. He may also land on some platforms on the ground and take the opportunity to buy his equipment (6 gadgets) as well as an access for spying the canyon by hacking drones, camera and turrets.

In short, we have some nice mechanisms. A map of 17km long. Yeah yeah. A player launched between 110 and 200 km / hour.

____

I was responsible for environment assets, some props and buildings. I also do all the UI (menu, hud, etc) of the game. I was also character modeler and animator (doing rigging and skinning) for the main character.

I participated both to the art direction of the game and gameplay design as well all my schoolmates did.

You can check some of my work on my portfolio and feel free to download the game ;)

http://www.shadowdiver-game.com/demo/ShadowDiver.zip

• 3 weeks later...