PogoP

DayZ Mod for ARMA II

The one thing that has put me off of this mod whilst watching videos is how terrible the movement looks. Of course it isn't them ods fault as it uses ARMA, but Jesus it is like you are wearing drainpipes on your legs.

Great mod, not surprised it's going to go standalone.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes now and what they'll implement in the future. I wonder if they'll move onto the ARMA 3 engine?

I'll most likely be getting this.

Yeah it's not the smoothest of engines. As someone said earlier, the movement sucks xD

Some of the preview videos for ARMA 3 seem pretty nice. Plus I think you can enter every building in ARMA 3 which will be great. It was annoying when I first started playing, sneaking up to a house surrounded by zombies only to find you can't get in...

I am guessing this will mean they will build a map/world just for DayZ? The ARMA II one is fine and all but, I think they could do a lot more with one designed with the game in mind.

Lots of nice progress on their tumblr: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Also, just tried playing today. Found a "no-pvp" server in the list and decided to try it. Instantly got smothered by two overfriendly nerds who wanted to repair a chopper.

I like my nerds angry and ganky, thank you very much.