DayZ Mod for ARMA II

PogoP

Looks like people are still going to disconnect if they think they're going to lose their stuff. So annoying.

But yeah, melee weapons are a bit hit and miss in this engine. Originally there was no support for melee weapons in the original engine.

Also, those collisions are really annoying. you can't crouch / hold a weapon / hold a torch and go throught doorsteps / stairs... Looting a building with 5 floors and 50 doors is just like 5.gif

I really hope they will find a turnaround to smooth out the max they can the characters moves and collisions... We are in 2014 now, character animations and collisions detection can be way better then this. Just look at GTA 4/5, or any game of nowadays. Characters are more than a collision cube.

Yeah the collisions on the player aren't great. But to be fair I've had a better experience with doors in the SA. You can strafe through them now and I generally only get stuck if I come at a door from a weird angle. But like you say, doors shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah the collisions on the player aren't great. But to be fair I've had a better experience with doors in the SA. You can strafe through them now and I generally only get stuck if I come at a door from a weird angle. But like you say, doors shouldn't be a problem.

This sounds amazingly hilarious though you know? I mean, "oh man the game got so much better, i can only get stuck in a door if come through it at a weird angle!" 

Yeah honestely if this is just door collisions and interiors controls that sucks i would get over it.

One thing that was annoying me in arma multiplayer is the fact that when you go prone into the grass, you don't see shit, but the guy 200 meters away will see you lying on a flat green terrain because of the grass lods distance, did they fixed that ? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fS0tyD0xk4

What's amazing though is that the guy actually talk them off by being polite, get away without pants alright, but rather than getting killed and loose everything, moved his good stuff from his vest to his backpack i'm sure and just leave them the vest with just a rotten banana in it :D

Alright tried it and it's actually pretty cool, but man you shouldn't be playing it if you are the pissed off type. I spent like 5 hours looting stuff without seeing anyone, i had the best gear possible, m4, shitloads of ammo and food. And when looting a generic village, without caution, i was crouched in a house, eyes on the floor conscientiously organizing my inventory when suddenly, i've got hit with something behind the head. end of the game. WAT

Alright tried it and it's actually pretty cool, but man you shouldn't be playing it if you are the pissed off type. I spent like 5 hours looting stuff without seeing anyone, i had the best gear possible, m4, shitloads of ammo and food. And when looting a generic village, without caution, i was crouched in a house, eyes on the floor conscientiously organizing my inventory when suddenly, i've got hit with something behind the head. end of the game. WAT

I officially quit the mod when I got killed by a door