About that youtube thing, as hp said, videogame publishers don't mind it because this is indeed free commercials seen in a non intrusive way, indeed you are usually there to watch the let's play willingly and trust the honesty of the guy doing it, so it works even better because you can't see the huge marketing machine at work.

I think it's more the music publishers and the movie ones who have an interest in applying this copyright infringement system, maybe even the marketing companies who see a concurrence. But even though, it's like an adult taking a candy from the hands of a baby for what the "youtubbers" actually earn.

In the end it's deserving youtube (google) which works just as a technical operator and just need to get as much people as possible on their networks to sell free brain space for commercials. Having people earning money for making videos is a great way to add more content and make their network live. It's actually even worse because the bots they need to develop and use to recognize a song or whatever and then delete the content is actually costing them money. Although probably less than an army of lawyers that would have to deal with all the different copyrights laws in each country legislations.

Two people making a game really takes ages. Good news is that they're at least determined to finish what they started.

Here's 13 min of gameplay:

Gives me a The Swapper vibe, but still a bit different. Looks great!

They promised more details regarding release next week. :o

Edited by Zarsky
derp

Must confess this is not getting me intrigued, seems too "puzzle for the sake of puzzle". Despite the sci-di environment it doesn't look believable/making sense to me this whole time gate and self-replication of a robot.

This is radically different from what I thought the game would turn out when they had their tech teaser video released ages ago.

What did you think the game was going to be, just out of curiosity?

When I first saw it, I sorta envisioned a game with little to no combat, so puzzles kind of becomes the go-to obvious thing to do.

I think indie games right now can sorta only do 1 out of 3 things, combat, storytelling or puzzles. When you see a team picking 2 or more out of that list, the game never usually sees the light of day.

Well @[HP] they only showed a robot waking up so could have been anything.

I agree about the "indie triangle" of options, still remains that this demo was very boring. And I like puzzle stuff, but this looks too arbitrary. Also graphically that teaser was another thing…