Just remembered there's a console version of Crysis 1 now too. I'll look further into it when I have time, but does anyone know off-hand which console platforms are best for each Crysis game?

so i payed money for this game, and played a little.

(i love that the credits are alphabetical now!)

it auto'd my settings to very high but that was such shitty framerate, felt like like 15fps - but i wasn't really sure why because it doesn't look super mega crazy nextgen, i think that opening level might just be pushing things a bit far with all those particles and lights.

but my god, once you get out into the city it's so beautiful to look at, amazing stuff really. really love the lighting and shaders too - everything always did look super nice in cryengine (in the right hands of course!).

i was so engaged and ready to explore and just soak it all in, but the gameplay is really (right now at this moment) not doing it for me, it all feels so bland and uninspired. i am going to go back to it and persevere and most likely end up deciding i was completely wrong here because i am playing it on super soldier or whatever the fuck they called it this time, and that i should have just chosen normal to begin with and had a blast.

so give it a week and i'll be back.

overall though it's really a work of art. hate the cutscenes and dialogue though lol - it's so... 12 year old boy-ish if you know what i mean.

congrats on the release, a real achievement!

tl;dr for this thread

pogop is a bitch

origin is the future

crysis 3 is a piece of shit because it's not precisely exactly what i wanted and even though i'll have fun with it i'll tell everybody i didn't because i can't possibly be seen to enjoy videogames aren't we journalists so meta now! by the way braid was amazing, so much art and message, i love the part about the wife or maybe it was the little midget with small legs lol but seriously guys art is subjective so that is why crysis is not good.

ahahahaha... must be all those coffee fumes that make his rants so vibrant and colourful

Edited by Puddy

I haven't even played Crysis 1 :oops: I guess it's because back in the day it wanted a monster machine and I have never really been all that interested in it anyway (Far Cry was good but the open jungle got boring fast).

Yes a vast jungle full of enemy encampments and endless gameplay possibilities is so much better than the usual corridors and warehouses. :cool:

You should have kept playing D3, later on it turns into a linear underground corridor shooter with monsters.

The Crysis 1 on console version is not too shabby, spent many months making that bad boy work. Both versions run pretty well it just depends if you prefer a higher framerate but the dips are more severe when the action picks up (360) or a lower average framerate (27+) with less severe dips (PS3).

2013, people still using origin...

2013, people still using Steam... :v

Yes a vast jungle full of enemy encampments and endless gameplay possibilities is so much better than the usual corridors and warehouses. :cool:

You should have kept playing D3, later on it turns into a linear underground corridor shooter with monsters.

I completed it, the mutants were so annoying and those things with the rocket launchers that instant killed you... fuck me I nearly split my keyboard in half over them...

Not a fan of open world tbh anyway, except Stalker obv.

Does anyone know if you can change the FOV in a satisfying way in this game? I've read that there aren't any options for it, but there are console commands. Question is, do they work without issue? If I remember correctly, in Crysis 2 the custom FOV was reset after cutscenes and changing it caused some unwanted side effects (atleast in 1.0).

The cvars of Crysis 3 are pretty much the same as for Crysis 2. At least for changing the FOV.

By the way Crytek released a little tool to tweak the game : http://secure.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=56955&sid=93025864941055320b362ca1f70c61ce