knj

Total Recall (2012)

Sorry I don't think Prometheus is going to be the next Alien (which wasn't even that great to begin with), I'm just more into movies that don't take themselves so seriously.

Than why would you like the new Total Recall? Its taking its-self way to seriously, did you not watch the trailer.

Looking forward to this more than Prometheus .

Blasphemy!

I absolutely love the original by Verhoeven with Arnie. Clearly one of his best films!

I'm not excited about this one, but I'm going to see it. It has Jessica Biel so....

I was dragged to watch the new this against my will, it wasn't actually that bad, the visual elements were extremely well done and Kate Beckinsale is always watchable. Storyline is better in the original though, the whole chemical war leaving only Britain and Australia habitable was a wee bit silly. No crazy android/mutant taxi-drivers either...

Went to see this the other night and it's not as bad as everyone makes out. The acting is pretty awful but if you're into cyberpunk it's worth watching just for the cgi, setting and atmosphere, which was pretty awesome.

bit of a recent modern trend that, great visual design (check), great cgi (check) bad script/acting/directing/story (check) I don't mean to piss on the talent that makes stuff pretty, but it's certainly easier than getting the other things right these days. Or, it's where too much money is spent. My god I sound like an old fart :gonk: To be honest, every movie I watch these days looks awesome ... ZzzzZzZz