Sign in to follow this  
Rick_D

Industry Professionals Share Nuggets of Information

- If you have an awesome game concept you are very enthusiastic about to the point of making a complete game design document; don't show it to your company executives ( especially if you are currently working at ubisoft )

+1

- Have fun playing some quizzes with your co-workers during the time of the year for salary revaluations and bonuses; who did the less coffee pauses ? who is the most professional ? or who made the best normal map ?

- The scapegoat is a very important person in every dev team, he keeps people together because of their hate for him. You can easily recognise a scapegoat : this is the person the team criticize or make fun of at every lunch

- If you have an awesome game concept you are very enthusiastic about to the point of making a complete game design document; don't show it to your company executives ( especially if you are currently working at ubisoft )

Can I ask more informations on that ? :ninja:

- Don't crush the dreams and hopes of your co-workers with your silly cynical points of view

:oops:

- The better part of valor is discretion, in the which better part I have sav'd my life. :ninja:

These statements (from my personal experience) are purely subjective and tainted with irony directed as an humorous goal, please; don't take them for granted.

- The better part of valor is discretion, in the which better part I have sav'd my life. :ninja:

These statements (from my personal experience) are purely subjective and tainted with irony directed as an humorous goal, please; don't take them for granted.

(-_-;)

":146v0mbf]mojang had a one hit wonder. Don't put it up there with valve and blizz plz. :rolleyes:

I'm not comparing their importance. Sounds like you are doing that. The commonality is they all started out focusing on making great games, not making great profits. And their respective returns on investments have been pretty good. Sure, Mojang has 1 game that's been a hit and its next game may suck for all we know. But you gotta start somewhere. emot_shakehead.gif

In every office there is always the guy who always goes out for cigarettes, and has to let everyone in the office know how cool and hip he is by BEING THE LOUDEST FUCKER IN THE ENTIRE BUILDING ON HIS WAY OUT

- Don't call your landlord with the company's phone, your boss will receive funny messages afterwards and can get angry at you.

- If you are really not happy with your coworkers and the company policy, annihilate the toilets by taking a crap on the floor. Keep it anonymous !!!

Holy fucking shit dude, you will not believe this.... but somebody ACTUALLY did that at Frontier today. Vilham can back me up on this, though he works upstairs so may not have heard. I'm being completely serious. Fucking weirdos at Frontier I tell you.

Somebody smeared shit on the wall apparently, it caused a right ruckus I can tell you.

Somebody's been reading mapcore .... ;D