Spellbinder's photo thread.

Spellbinder

So yeah here is the first batch of picture. There is a lot to be learned, so these aren't the best pictures in the world, but i feel they are not so bad either. I still use Auto on the camera, i want and will learn how to set the camera for special environment but i believe i have a long way to go before i will be there. Also i still play around in the editing program, trying different levels, contrast, colour corrections and such. I still try to see images, to find that very special shot but to be better at that i think i have to just take more and more pictures.

So be free to criticize and come with tips/suggestions!

Edit: Camera used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_500D

http://imgur.com/a/OQ8YY#0

• 1 month later...

Here's some new stuff, taken the first day of real spring in Gothenburg, 1st of May 2012. I still try, meaning i take a lot of photos, just to learn, and in photoshop i mostly experiment. I have some settings i almost all ways change, one is levels. So consider it as work in progress, the progress being me trying to be a photographer. As usual please comment and give criticism. The pictures should be viewed in full size.

k2zBe.jpg

ENx6w.jpg

rgc3X.jpg

bjQWp.jpg

Ph1Xy.jpg

WLQLo.jpg

3J8D6.jpg

y0yoA.jpg

QgmDN.jpg

3JMgh.jpg

5EWW0.jpg

xOtMq.jpg

s9qo0.jpg

ryp2S.jpg

7XEtl.jpg

E7kXP.jpg

zHUIC.jpg

yJT92.jpg

LElTJ.jpg

l5TVk.jpg

St5mT.jpg

nf5kb.jpg

61FHp.jpg

FY5Fv.jpg

9nKwD.jpg

About the picture with the cop cars "Polis", we just passed the place in our car, i saw them and throw up my camera, start shooting, i never really got a "good" shot, but i did noticed on the sign it said "It's at Trädgårn it happens"! Trädgårn being the name of the place. And i found that a bit funny, so the pic get a chance.

Nice man, captures the area nicely and makes me want to visit. :-D

The saturation/colour in your newer photos seems a bit intense, not sure if you did this intentionally or if it's a side-effect of adjusting the levels but the reds/greens look extremely overpowered on my screen. It actually looks quite cool in the flower photos, but the wider city ones are a bit hard to look at because of it and come across as unnatural (not in a good way).

If you're using Photoshop try using a black/white gradient map, it's like desaturate but with more control and nicer results. Click your photo layer and go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Gradient Map, then once the layer is created make sure you have the black/white gradient selected and change the layer opacity until it looks right. I did this really quickly with one of yours so you can see the difference:

spellbinder-photo.jpg