Anonymous/LulzSec is bummed in the gob

Thrik

Oh, snap. :-D

LulzSec Leader Betrays All of Anonymous

The name Sabu should be familiar: as part of LulzSec, a potent offshoot of Anonymous, he masterminded legendary attacks against the CIA, FBI, Sony, and numerous other corporate and government targets.

Sabu has been "collaborating with the government for months," leading to a string of arrests around the world today. It's unclear how many will be dragged down with Sabu's nine months of federal collaborating,

"He didn't go easy," a law enforcement official involved in flipping Sabu told FoxNews.com. "It was because of his kids. He didn't want to go away to prison and leave them. That's how we got him."

Those FBI don't fuck around. :oops: I guess we'll be seeing Anonymous quietening down a bit from now on, then.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why good?

It was actually nice to see someone taking a stand against tha governmenta and tha corporate giants! :argh:

Srsly tho, Lulzsec was actually fighting the good fight, It's always good to have someone to help maintaining the balance between the society's feeble minions and the giants.

Quoting this comment, which I agree in it's entirety.

This just pisses me off. I can understand his position in terms of his kids. I wouldn't want my kids to see me in federal prison either, but Anonymous was fighting to uncover the injustice that the government has put on us all. He was the modern day Robin Hood. The least he could have done was been sloppy enough to tip off his people that the FBI had nabbed him, and he was now a liability to the organization. Instead, he led his people right into a trap that will most likely lead to two scenarios:

1. All Anonymous and LulzSec people are found and arrested; some other hacker group takes their place to "carry the torch", but is nowhere near as good and is in competition with a bunch of other wannabe organizations.

2. Some of the Anon/Lulz hackers evade capture and band together fuled by revenge. They will be angry, and they will want to take it out on Sabu and the government in attacks that no longer focus on governmental injustice, but rather who hates who.

"We're chopping off the head of LulzSec."

Have you ever chopped the head off a snake? when you do, the body flails wildly without control or restraint. Way to go, Sabu.

LulzSec was pretty douchey. For example:

LulzSec hacked into the Bethesda Game Studios network and posted information taken from the network onto the Internet. On 14 June, LulzSec took down four websites by request of fans as part of their "Titanic Take-down Tuesday". These websites were Minecraft, League of Legends, The Escapist, and IT security company FinFisher. They also attacked the login servers of the massively multiplayer online game EVE Online, which also disabled the game's front-facing website, and the League of Legends login servers. On 15 June, LulzSec took down the main server of S2 Games' Heroes of Newerth as another phone request. They claimed, "Heroes of Newerth master login server is down. They need some treatment. Also, DotA is better."

No particular reason for doing it other than that they found it funny. :| It's sometimes slightly admirable when Anonymous/LulzSec take lame things down like those trying to implement SOPA, but more often than not they just make life more difficult for innocent regular people (eg: when PayPal and Sony were attacked). They have no real aim other than to cause mayhem, and that's not a good thing IMO.

LulzSec was more about the Lulz than they were about the Sec, which is also why no one will really care when they get arrested. Its kind of like when punks goes on protesting about something really important, but all they really did in their spare time before the protesting started was to paint graffiti or occupy houses. No one takes them seriously even though once or twice in a life time they have a good idea.

It wont change anything tough. The hole point of anonymous is that there isn't a leader to the group, we can all be part of it, so even if they arrest the most prominent members there are still thousands of other hackers out there that will keep doing their work.

Besides most of the big breaches are not done by the known members of anonymous, they are done by a random hacker somewhere on a ex-urss country that uses anonymous as an umbrella to divert attentions away from him. And these guys will never be caught, or at least not by the FBI.

I'm betting that something big will happen next Friday in response to this :)

lulzsec wasn't in any way a control group, or anything else than a splinter cell. sure there are a few that organize stuff in anonymous, but anonymous isn't a hacker collective, it's a collective of people who (from my interpretation) want to change the world. that they have hackers on their side, or other people who can gain access to physical/virtual information doesn't mean that they are all affiliated.

i just think it's funny that people don't know what anonymous is, yet still talk about them like they know everything. i'm not saying i do, but i've barely looked into them and even i know it's not just hack0rz doing bad stuff.

lulzsec wasn't in any way a control group, or anything else than a splinter cell.

oh im not trying to imply that lulzsec was the control group of anonymous. I think the control group to anonymous is probably somewhere else. although, what it does show is that there often is one (or few) "masterminds" and if you can get a hold of them they can suddenly name a lot of people and it comes to show that what was supposed to be a massive base of internet users comes down to a very small group that's really driving the whole thing.

i don't think there are any masterminds that have sovereign over the entire movement, they might, at most, have control of a cell. to claim that there is some sort of dark conspiracy where a small group of people control everything within the organization is ludicrous, considering this is what the anonymous movement is fighting against. what i have seen at most from them is a "spokesperson", but even he just belongs to a single cell.

the whole point of the movement in the first place was to not have any organization at all, and that nobody should know anybody. look it up before you talk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)