Sign in to follow this  
deceiver

Rainbow Six: Patriots

None taken, just making the art here heh :P. I've got my issues with the game as well. I don't mind the QTEs though for those story moments, pretty similar to Heavy Rain.

yeah, but this game is titled R6, not "New Heavy Rain gun shooting ppl on da fucking bridge" the idea is cool but for new IP, i hate to look at next call of fucking shit that is called MY BELOVED Rainbow Six

I never actually ever got into Rainbow Six, the tactical screen was too confusing for me back when those games actually had a tactical screen and weren't just linear FPS's. Talking about it reminds me though, I have the GRIN made Ghost Recon game in my Steam list, and I've had it since at LEAST two christmas sales ago, and I've never actually played it. I should. :v

It's a cool PR move, congrats for that. As for what was shown...it's a very narrow line to tread between obnoxious BS that offends people and culturally relevant controversial subjects. I fear all of the controversy will be so watered down by Ubisoft after Walmart and Best Buy see this that they'll cut to the chase and go BOOM-explosions-everywhere-how-awesometastic-was-that. Because at the heart of this is precisely the point. If you want controversy, you need to build up to it. You need to explain why it's controversial, and take your time to have your player expect certain behaviours and then surprise them. Which goes almost entirely against action and intense gameplay where number of inputs and things happening on the screen take precedence.

Knowing how Ubisoft works and how certain topics are absolute no-go due to the visions of some of the key people in the organization, I can see a huge plot twist getting turned sideways 1 month before release and fucking all the tension out too...

Like many "fresh" angles that are hyped by game devs, the question is whether or not this angle, the controversial decision making, will impact the game in a meaningful way. Will it just consist of a linear narrative that features a lot of brutality or will the player actually be forced to make tough on-the-fly decisions which really change the course of the story/mission in question. As a gamer who's allergic to basically every entry in the series after Raven Shield, I can't help but feel slightly skeptical.

Also, like a few other people here, I felt that firing at the NYPD was a bit out of place in the video.

Like many "fresh" angles that are hyped by game devs, the question is whether or not this angle, the controversial decision making,

yes, I also wonder what would happen if you don't press circle to blow out the candle

Like many "fresh" angles that are hyped by game devs, the question is whether or not this angle, the controversial decision making,

yes, I also wonder what would happen if you don't press circle to blow out the candle

the candle would probably not get blown out

Pretty much everything that's wrong with games today was in that video.

LMAO @ press circle to blow out candle.

Whoever are the designers on this should stop pretending they're game developers and go make movies already :derp: .

(btw no offense meant to you deceiver :P)

Very true.

Whoever are the designers on this should stop pretending they're game developers and go make movies already :derp: .

Very true.

i think you will find that circle is a perfect choice, think about the mouth shape, like an O, when you say the word "circle" you actually expend the exact amount of energy it would take kinetically to extinguish an average wax based candle.

some things might just be too deep for the average gamer to understand.

Very true.

i think you will find that circle is a perfect choice, think about the mouth shape, like an O, when you say the word "circle" you actually expend the exact amount of energy it would take kinetically to extinguish an average wax based candle.

some things might just be too deep for the average gamer to understand.

hahahaha holly shit :D

anyways, it is sad, but all games are goint towards big explosions, and epicnessssss, don't know if its good or bad, but still i fell sad for most of these old school games :(