Sign in to follow this  
deceiver

Rainbow Six: Patriots

Not only was I not interested in playing what I saw in the video, I was offended by it. :|

Well don't leave us hanging, explain yourself!

The cop shooting and the unintended (but they probably should've thought about it before releasing the video) implication of OWS terrorists. Is it really that hard to see anything wrong with that video? The cop shooting especially was just ridiculous.

Pretty much everything that's wrong with games today was in that video.

LMAO @ press circle to blow out candle.

Whoever are the designers on this should stop pretending they're game developers and go make movies already :derp: .

(btw no offense meant to you deceiver :P)

None taken, just making the art here heh :P. I've got my issues with the game as well. I don't mind the QTEs though for those story moments, pretty similar to Heavy Rain.

Not only was I not interested in playing what I saw in the video, I was offended by it. :|

Well don't leave us hanging, explain yourself!

The cop shooting and the unintended (but they probably should've thought about it before releasing the video) implication of OWS terrorists. Is it really that hard to see anything wrong with that video? The cop shooting especially was just ridiculous.

Actually that is a good point, so I watched it again. No time to radio the cops? Is that realistic? Did the designers consult with military/police procedure experts?

In a game attempting to take on a very serious subject matter in a very serious way, I think they better get stuff like that right. And if it is very accurate for how something like this might happen, then so be it.

Still, at least it appears to deliver on what they claim it will: controversy. :|

Pretty sure they just shot the cop in the leg

Cops don't shoot using their legs. Shooting a cop in the leg doesn't really stop them from shooting the guy with the bomb, it probably actually makes it more likely because it probably doesn't help identifying that hey that guy's got a dead man switch, don't shoot him, when you're in extreme pain.

Just the line of thinking there behind that scene gets more ridiculous and insane the more I ponder on it. "Those mongoloid inbred downs syndromes in uniform down there surely can't recognize that one of the people on the bridge isn't a terrorist and they shouldn't be shot, even though there's a bunch of innocent people on the bridge running away from the terrorists that they've so far managed not to shoot, also fuck I'm not going to translate this information to fucking APE GRUNTS, who do you think I am, some kind of responsible professionally trained counter-terrorism expert? I'm not going to interact with those FUCKIN RETARDS of the NYPD below us! Just murder them so they don't shoot the guy with some C4 that will somehow explode a 150m radius because it's magic C4!" *shoots cop in leg* *he goes down instantly and dies*

Actually that is a good point, so I watched it again. No time to radio the cops? Is that realistic? Did the designers consult with military/police procedure experts?
If they are on the same net, then it's just a matter of getting to the same channel. On a modern radio, that means to turn a knob a few clicks. If not on the same net, it's impossible to get direct connection quickly.. However, a HQ with 1 guy with 2 or more different radios is a pretty common thing, or a liason officer. Hell, why doesn't Rainbow have the frequency for the NYPD on their radio when they are in NYC?

I guess it's just a "cool feature", even though shooting friendlies isn't cool at all, no matter where you hit them.

Pretty sure they just shot the cop in the leg

Cops don't shoot using their legs. Shooting a cop in the leg doesn't really stop them from shooting the guy with the bomb, it probably actually makes it more likely because it probably doesn't help identifying that hey that guy's got a dead man switch, don't shoot him, when you're in extreme pain.

Just the line of thinking there behind that scene gets more ridiculous and insane the more I ponder on it. "Those mongoloid inbred downs syndromes in uniform down there surely can't recognize that one of the people on the bridge isn't a terrorist and they shouldn't be shot, even though there's a bunch of innocent people on the bridge running away from the terrorists that they've so far managed not to shoot, also fuck I'm not going to translate this information to fucking APE GRUNTS, who do you think I am, some kind of responsible professionally trained counter-terrorism expert? I'm not going to interact with those FUCKIN RETARDS of the NYPD below us! Just murder them so they don't shoot the guy with some C4 that will somehow explode a 150m radius because it's magic C4!" *shoots cop in leg* *he goes down instantly and dies*

Of all the things to criticize in that trailer hahahaha