GTA V

skdr

28 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Vice City is the best GTA for me, unless 5 can change my mind once I complete it.

Doubt it... 5 is so great in many aspects for sure, but it didn't beat Vice City for me, it's missing a little bit of that DNA that made 3/VC/SA amazing.

That said... that fucking remote controlled heli mission enraged many people. lol

Last time I played through VC I thought the remote heli mission wasn't as bad as I remembered, but then I got to the remote plane one... Some aspects of it haven't aged that well, like the horrible draw distances for vehicles or having to drive through the entire map to restart a mission, the no swimming etc. However, the atmosphere still holds up. And I like that the world is so manageable to the point where you can get familiar with the streets and various locations.

Edited by Radu

5 hours ago, Radu said:

I also like that the world is so manageable to the point where you can get familiar with the streets and various locations.

This here, is why I dislike a lot of modern open world games. They're way too large, there's no sense of familiarity to anything.

+1 @Radu, the game was big for the time but you would get easily acquainted with it.

But the story was the best aspect for me, and that’s because after all the game wouldn’t distract you with dire activities for the sake of increasing playtime. And the music, still my favourite soundtrack… and the only game soundtrack I ever purchased separately and on CDs (actually bought the luxurious box set before the game, cos my first play through was on a pirate copy).

On 7/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, Radu said:

*Video about how fkin good Vice City was*

Man, I wish I could go back to when VC came out, was such a great time in my life. Not a care in the world and spending tons of time playing amazing games like VC.

I'd love for R* to go back and create GTA games with the same themes/styles as 3, VC and SA. Heck, even a new GTA set in the GTA2 universe would be sick. I'd love to choose which gangs to work for and have a respect system back.

But alas, we get GTA V on another generation of consoles :(

5 hours ago, Beck said:

Man, I wish I could go back to when VC came out, was such a great time in my life. Not a care in the world and spending tons of time playing amazing games like VC.

I'd love for R* to go back and create GTA games with the same themes/styles as 3, VC and SA. Heck, even a new GTA set in the GTA2 universe would be sick. I'd love to choose which gangs to work for and have a respect system back.

But alas, we get GTA V on another generation of consoles :(

2002 man: Morrowind, GTA VC, Mafia, Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, Metroid Prime, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (Underrated FPS Game), Warcraft 3, Medal of Honor, Spyro...... I mean, god damn!

Still think 2004 was a better year in terms of game released, but jebus.

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

2002 man: Morrowind, GTA VC, Mafia, Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, Metroid Prime, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (Underrated FPS Game), Warcraft 3, Medal of Honor, Spyro...... I mean, god damn!

Still think 2004 was a better year in terms of game released, but jebus.

We did live through the golden times definitely bro! So much improvement and creativity in just a few years time span.

Edited by Buddy

• 1 year later...

i would be very surprised they would remaster using UE when they have their own tech and surely been upgrading it further for upcoming games. Unless they have abandoned it going forward but... 

What do you think?

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

i would be very surprised they would remaster using UE when they have their own tech and surely been upgrading it further for upcoming games. Unless they have abandoned it going forward but... 

What do you think?

It would make sense if they outsourced it to some other studio.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

What do you think?

I think most of your favorite musical tracks wont be there because of expired contracts and copyrights.

Wonder if it will include the liberty city and vice city story spinoffs, always wanted to try them. Using ue4 means this is outsorced, so that prob means Rockstar is working on something new, phew

Edited by Pampers