Ah this game!

Using the ol' controller atm, but will use kb+m for shooting next time round. the encryption was a little slow, my patch wasn't and I haven't had a hitch. Well done R* imo

I'm still not quite sure how you gain ownership of a car in SP especially as I specced the bollocks off a lambo thing with hexagonal holes in the back, and it's disappeared without a trace :'(

The preorder money has come in very handy

Bought this in retail today.

Might as well release this on Floppy or VHS instead.

There is an upside though, it feels pretty nostalgic to swap the dvd's as the last game that made me do it was Planescape Torment waaaaay back.

Alright, I said this was a good port, but whoever did input handling should be punched.  A: Why does the game need to emulate a cursor?  Windows has a fucking cursor you can use that doesn't lag.  B: When the game is running, everything I type comes out super laggy in steam and background apps.  Don't know how that happened.  C: Why is caps lock a default bind?!  And why is it not dependent on caps lock's state?!  Caps lock can be inverted because of that, which is kind of annoying when the game has text chat.

I have a problem with missing 60hz option. Have to set my monitor to 59hz. That seems to have made the keyboard driving a bit better but it's still not very good. The game looks and runs pretty well tho with a bit of tweaking. The fov for driving in first person is way too low and there doesnt seem to be an option for that. Also wondered about the strange choice for some of the default key bindings. I hope they will fix the little things soon.

haha I clearly need a new processor as my i5 750 was struggling to even unpack the game.

Now I'm verifying files because it boots and then closes itself instantly.

I've been fixing stuff all day, I can't be bothered with this  :sad:

haha I clearly need a new processor as my i5 750 was struggling to even unpack the game.

Is your user account name something with symbols?  If so, try making another admin account with just letters and numbers. 

With i5 3570 + GTX760 I'm doing 60 fps most times (desert stuff with lots of foliage can get it down to 50 fps) on all high settings, normal textures.

Edited by DrywallDreams

Is your user account name something with symbols?  If so, try making another admin account with just letters and numbers. 

With i5 3570 + GTX760 I'm doing 60 fps most times (desert stuff with lots of foliage can get it down to 50 fps) on all high settings, normal textures.

it was avast blocking it :/