GTA V

skdr

My 360 RROD'ed a month ago. Didn't want to pay ~€100 Euro to repair an 6 year old console, so I got an PS3 just to play GTA5.

I like it a lot more than GTA 4, but some of the missions are pretty horrible. Most enjoyable thing is the Rampage side-missions for Trevor, since it reminds me of Redneck Rampage or some other game that I cannot remember. Also, Trevor waking up at random locations is annoying as fuck, especially when the taxi isn't able to come get you there.

Had a bit of fun with this at the weekend! Highlights included getting beaten up by a guy in a cartoon space marine costume, trying to drive a tractor up a large mountain and getting Nikki, one of the dancers in the clubs to come home with Franklin only to accidentally trigger a mission and end up with Nikki, Franklin and his brothers spawning akwardly in the bedroom...

Welcome back GTA... welcome back.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/grand-theft-auto-v

97/100, can you believe this score? Fuck sake! Although, I was astonished to see that GTAIV has a 98, even with all it's flaws. Really begs the question on whether or not hype can cloud our judgement. Although, you need to try and put yourself in the same timestamp as when the game came out, GTAIV was a fucking landmark.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?view=detailed&sort=desc

Finished it yesterday. Even though it has it's share of flaws, namely with it's narrative and characters, then it's easily one of my favorite games of all time, and possibly my favorite game of the last decade. Almost all of the advances they've made has just made it an even more incredible GTA game, from exploring the world to how police chases feel. And even with the crazy amount of content they've packed into it, then I hope they'll add even more stuff to do with DLC, I really hope that they use this as a platform to add loads of content, though even with what's there then I'm sure I'll be busy for months to come.

It is a bit annoying that you apparently can't replay the heists with different approaches from the mission selector, and seemingly have to restart the game to see the alternative heists, but I guess that means a second playthrough is in order ;)

Also, Vol. 2 of the soundtrack is sweeeet~

Micro transactions in GTAV! You can buy ingame currency for real money, no wonder getting money in the game is so hard.

Originally Posted by Eurogamer

$100,000 Red Shark Cash Card - £1.99
$200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card - £3.49
$500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card - £6.99
$1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card - £13.49

138010443975.png

But it's also worth noting that while GTA Online uses the same world as GTA5, prices for in-game items do vary between the two.

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

And you can only own a single property. When you trade houses you get a rebate on the place you've moved from, so you can re-use your in-game credit to some extent.

But while some things are cheaper, others are more expensive. You'll pay more for weapon and car mods, and most are initially out of normal financial reach. Yet any potential access to these items can only be unlocked when your character ranks up.

This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

GTA Online's micro-transactions may provide less of a boosting mechanic than first expected, then, although limited-time consumables will also be available.

but these money is mostly for singelplayer right? can't you just look up a guide on the internet on how to make dem dollaz easy?

It's for MP.

I'm not sure, but I believe the economy for SP and MP is separated. (it most likely will be) It's hard to make money in SP, although you can easily exploit the system by leaving the Lester missions to end game where you have more money, and bet a billion dollars on the stock market.