• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://imgur.com/a/ejPAd   You'd probably be able to convince people that these were actual photos by posting it on Instagram      

Posted Images

From the Escapist:

“The subject matter or the protagonist's morals are skewed too far from the norm to be comfortably witnessed.
That's what it's like to play Grand Theft Auto V. The three men you take control of throughout the game aren't even anti-heroes. They're just scumbags.”

You'll probably think i'm getting moralistic, but since my uncle was very recently killed executed apparently by gangsters, an aside thought I've had is if I'm ever gonna enjoy this kind of videogames or movies. (Gangsters is one of my favourite movie-genre.)

Aside from this, I have quite low expectations in terms of narrative after the boring GTA4.

Just to be clear, i'm not trolling.

Edited by blackdog

Just woke up from a long night. This is for all you all that can't play:

HuJgPuj.jpg

Me, I'll start playing again right now. Shower/breakfast/getting dressed is for pussies.

Oh nice, you got the Gamecube addition.

If you change contrast you'll see I've got the NES/SNES/WII/Megedrive/PS and Xbox 360 edition as well :)

Sorry to hear that Blackdog. My condoleances. I can imagine that causes you too looks at it in a different perspective. Hated the review though. It's a game FFS.

I utterly hate crime, violence, gang culture etc. irl but i never had any moral troubles playing the scum of the earth in a game. Personaly i'm not bothered in the slightest by the things The Escapist criticized. To the contrary it made me look even more forward to playing the game. I think i will wait for the PC version tho.

There, got both my 360 and PS3 copies, and tomorrow off~~~weeeeee

If you had to pick just one, would you go 360 or PS3?   Keep in mind:

- I like both consoles just fine and am no fanboy of either

- My HD space on both (for installation) is a little low but I am willing to make room

As usual, Eurogamer has that question pretty well covered with 100+ comparison shots, a video, and analysis:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

Their overall summary:

It's apparent that the PS3 version has an undeniable advantage in one area: even to the naked eye, ground textures on 360 are blurred as a result of what appears to be unoptimised asset streaming. Glitch or not, this basically amounts to concrete and grass textures appearing fuzzier beneath the feet of Trevor, Michael or Franklin, while the PS3 version's remain crystal clear. The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way. Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.

Other highlights:

With most late-generation Face-Offs, the best way to put differences into context is to start with the assumption that everything is otherwise the same. For Grand Theft Auto 5 this is very much the case - and overlooking some nitpicks, just about every single geometric detail and effect across Los Santos is like-for-like between PS3 and 360. However, there is one glaring contrast throughout our tests that can't be ignored.

[...]

Despite each console's mandatory installs - 7.8GB for 360 via a separate disc and 8.4GB on PS3 - it quickly becomes clear that there's an asset-streaming issue on Microsoft's platform. This essentially manifests as blurrier textures in a number of spots, particularly for ground assets like concrete, grass and dirt. Whether you're at the city centre or in the wilderness, ground assets beneath Trevor, Michael or Franklin's feet are a pixel-perfect match for the PS3 version equivalent, but the quality dips off noticeably a metre ahead in the player's field of view on 360.

[...]

Running straight from disc, then, there's little to distinguish the PS3 and 360 releases when it comes to object detail, but there are some curious catches. Flying the Cuban 800 plane around shows up variations in grass placement, but more striking is the presentation of palm trees regularly sighted around the city. Their more flourishing look on 360 is unusual given the parity elsewhere, though we notice the upshot of this is a nasty pixel-crawl across their tops during slow pans, suggesting alpha-to-coverage dithering in concert with the post-AA producing the unwanted effect. Also falling within nitpick territory is a slight difference to reflection map resolution while in front of Franklin's bedroom mirror - the PS3 delivering a lower-quality, pixellated alternative to the 360's reflections.

[...]

The target this time is 30fps for both platforms, and it holds at that point for most areas. Overall the PS3 puts out the lower frame-rate for synchronised in-engine cut-scenes, typically by a matter of two frames-per-second and rarely much more. Curiously, the 360 version is the only one of the two to drive upwards from the 30fps target on occasion - far from being ideal, this produces a judder effect due to the frame-rate no longer operating as a multiple of the 60Hz output signal. Regardless, the readings for both consoles stick together like glue during dips below the line, with each going as low as 20fps.

Yeah, thanks Thrik! Well, PS3 has always been the most powerful console, problem is since it's so diferent from the norm, multi-plat games always suffered on that platform.

Glad I got it for PS3 then, since every R* game on PS3 sucked in comparison to the XBox counterpart.

Although, Amazon told me my copy will only arrive on the 20th, I don't know why, so I guess I'll cancel my order (afaik, they only charge you when they ship it, right?) and drop by gamestop tonight.

PS. I'm back from vacation, (if you can call it that) yay