ah kotaku. i think i might submit a story about GTAV and claim the V actually stands for Venerial-Disease. the GTA games are now about promoting safe sex between male-female, male-male, female-female-, male-male-female, male-female-male and male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-male-female partnerships.

the game will feature an early release in somalia in order to combat piracy, and will be subscription based, costing over 73 Yen per day, as the game is also free-to-play micro-transaction based, and will only be released on the SEGA Genesis, which will be returning in the holiday period of 2012.

and kotaku will eat that shit up like the shit covered cunts they are.

Yeah it's not a great website.

i actually really respect their journalistic integrity, they're hard workers.

I didn't realise people disliked GTA4 so much until I started reading all the comments on various news sites about the announcement.

It's kind of hard to make a sequel to a game that had vtol planes and jetpacks, without including vtol planes and jetpacks, and get away with it.

I didn't realise sequels had to be direct clones and not deviate from the direction at all. GTA4 was still very good fun, GTA3 was very good fun but in a different way.

Apparently the game will focus on the Russian mafia even more than GTA4 did, which already featured them quite heavily.

Isn't the organised crime in GTA4 carried out by immigrants from the former Yugoslavia like Niko, not Russia?

No, Niko and his brother Roman are two immigrants caught up in a web of all sorts of bastards including the Italian mafia, Irish mobs, black gangbangers, and — primarily — the Russian mafia. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... i_Rascalov

Bet this game just got 10x more appealing to D3. :cool:

Ahhh ok then, I don't know enough about the storyline to say otherwise, although Niko Belić is definately not Russian, despite us believing so when the game was first announced.

GTA games are love-hate for me...

GTA3 was awesome because it was what everyone had wanted for a long time... a fully 3D explorable world... with cars to steal and smash up and people to shoot.

Vice City's atmosphere knocked the standards up, heavy 80's atmosphere leaning to Scarface was a great setup, you could go inside buildings and there were fucking motorbikes finally! More a-list actors too gave the acting more meat.

San Andreas was/is just tedious... I cringed at all the f-bombs and the constant use of the "n word".. I've only gotten to San Fierro and I gave up because it was just bad. I had more fun just driving the ambulances and taxis around... but I could do that in the first two.

GTA4.. Never had much of a desire to play it, I'm sure I would like a lot of it but then I know I would also hate a lot of it too.

Maybe GTAV will change my opinion of it, but I doubt it... :cool:

GTA 4 sucked imo because there wasn't much to do compared to SA and there wasnt much things to spent money on. So the whole game felt empty and dead after the "wow"-effect about the realistic looking world weared off. Also the missions were repetitive and boring to me.

GTA 4 sucked imo because there wasn't much to do compared to SA and there wasnt much things to spent money on. So the whole game felt empty and dead after the "wow"-effect about the realistic looking world weared off. Also the missions were repetitive and boring to me.

This, except for the part about the "realistic looking world", I could never, no matter how long I played GTA4, get over the super jaggy shadows. It's a shame, because the core game is really good, but they didn't really put enough fun activities into it like San Andreas did. Also I didn't really jive with the radio options like I did for the past GTAs. I always seemed to be listening to generic techno pop in GTA4 and the episodes, nothing really memorable or groovy.

the game will feature an early release in somalia in order to combat piracy, and will be subscription based, costing over 73 Yen per day, as the game is also free-to-play micro-transaction based, and will only be released on the SEGA Genesis, which will be returning in the holiday period of 2012.

The real question is will I be forced into buying a new Genesis, or can I use my old one... :v

I'm pretty excited. I really enjoyed all the GTA games that I played. 4 wasn't the best, but it did have the multiplayer, and I have spent many hours playing free mode with friends just completely fucking around. Same goes for SA. Played a lot of the two player local play, just enable cheats like pedestrians riot, and have weapons and make it a goal to survive a trek across the map = hours of fun.

GTA4 was GTA, it executed the formula perfectly and actually a bit better than the previous games due to many refinements (particularly shooting) and technical improvements that made the sandbox gameplay more fun.

Granted I was disappointed like most that the epic scope of San Andreas was absent, but considering the far more intense level of detail in what was already a much bigger environment than GTA3 and Vice City put together it's not like they did bad. Sadly it was pretty much all urban city, and so I got very bored by the time I got to the third borough and never managed to complete it.

I am hoping we see more non-city environments in GTA5. That's the key thing that was missing from GTA4 for me because it added something really special to San Andreas having missions taking place in deserts, forests, mountains, etc rather than yet another city block. I think RDR has demonstrated quite nicely the engine can handle this feat.