GTA V

skdr

o gad.

Is it me or this looking quite next-gen? Considering that there's been no announcement of a release date or platforms, I'm kind of thinking this might be an early title for the next wave of consoles.

It doesn't look next gen but it looks good, that's for sure.

I dunno, this looks a bit much for the 360 and PS3 to me. They could be PC shots, but the GTA series has never treated that platform particularly well and it's going to be a bit annoying for people if the final game comes out and it's not a scratch on the media.

Not that I don't want this to be some magnificent technical feat that'll live every bit up to the shots, of course. :XD:

this is current gen.

No way in hell is it going to look that good on consoles. :v

Yes. :( I think if you take away all the anti-aliasing and run at about 640p it'll look a bit closer.

Maybe they'll make it a bridge game so it comes out for this generation and the next, kind of like what happened when this gen started. The timing would make it somewhat ideal for that.

I think it could be good for the storytelling. There's been so many GTA games now, if I have to go through another 'rags to riches' story I'm going to end up killing myself. It'd be a really interesting twist if you played as both a 'rags' guy and a 'riches' guy, especially if they clashed with each other and a narrative was built around their interactions with each other. They could even go 24 on our asses and have you play the same missions from both perspectives, with 24-style split panel framing to show what the other guy's doing. :-D:-D:-D

OK getting carried away and will most likely be disappointed with the reality now. :cool:

I think it could be good for the storytelling. There's been so many GTA games now, if I have to go through another 'rags to riches' story I'm going to end up killing myself. It'd be a really interesting twist if you played as both a 'rags' guy and a 'riches' guy, especially if they clashed with each other and a narrative was built around their interactions with each other. They could even go 24 on our asses and have you play the same missions from both perspectives, with 24-style split panel framing to show what the other guy's doing. :-D:-D:-D

OK getting carried away and will most likely be disappointed with the reality now. :cool:

I liked the style of GTA4 and it's DLCs. The main game was one char and each DLC featured it's own. But all their stories intertwined on a few occasions, which was pretty cool.

• 2 months later...