Sign in to follow this  
Puddy

Patrick Murphy - Portfolio

Hey guys!!!

I was thinking about remaking my folio. The basic idea is to tidy up the main page and only use it as a list of projects. Each project will then have it's own page which will have a video, a short description and some screens. Here's a VERY rough mockup of the basic idea (I don't know where to put the menu just yet). Do you think this is a better approach than my current site? What do you guys think?

0SzP4.jpg

EDIT: You click the project image to get to the project page of course.

Edited by Puddy

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The current portfolio's fine, and unless you're trying to get a job designing websites, there are more valuable uses for your time. *shrug*

Edited by Mclogenog

Mazy: Thanks! I was unsure if the quotes were douchey or not. :-D

Vilham: Okay, well, if we ignore the colour scheme is the layout/structure an improvement? in theory I could always tone down the current layout ;)

UPDATE! (2,5 years later)

Okay, I've done a quick raid in the folio forum, now it's time for you to give your crits and potentially bash the shit out of me. :D Not applying for anything, just spring-cleaning.

http://www.patrickmurphy.se/

Background: Old folio (found here) was outdated and colour scheme was a bit distracting. Instead of updating it I made a new page using wix, a GUI editor (I never even looked at a line of code, which is amazing). HTML/CSS is Satan's creation. :) Only took an evening to get the layout, and then an evening or two to write all the text and gather some screenshots.