Crytek UK - Multiple Positions Available

Ginger Lord

Crytek UK are looking to expand for future projects! There are multiple roles available. Full descriptions of each job are linked below along with the application forms. If you'd like to chat about anything, send me a PM and I'll do my best to answer. 

About Crytek UK

bigpicnottingham.jpg

Crytek UK is set in Nottingham City Centre. The studio was previously Free Radical Design – famous for the TimeSplitters series – but changed into Crytek UK in February 2009. We are proud of our heritage and equally proud of our new identity!

What we offer:

• Flexi time
  • Free hot and cold drinks
  • Free fruit
  • Free pastries/cakes on a Friday
  • Relocation support
  • Employee assistance helpline
  • Gym membership*
  • Christmas week vacation
  • Childcare vouchers*
  • Cycle to work Scheme*
  • Company contributed Pension scheme*
* Upon successful completion of probation

Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits Crytek UK Ltd’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.

Positions Available

http://www.crytek.com/career/offers/overview/nottingham

Edited by Ginger Lord

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

New positions available!

Lead Artist

Programmer

Designer <<< Potentially for those with no formal industry experience 

Experienced Designer

QA Testers

John, that's very interesting, thank you for sharing.

Is the Designer position still available for those that live in another country and are willing to relocate?

This person for instance worked professionally as a Game Designer for serious games but always focused on entertainment, and is also developing a game by himself  :D

Edited by Al Anselmo~Intelect0

Yes you would be required to relocate and have the appropriate permissions to work in the country.

Oh, thank you for the reply!

A few questions:

1. Is the visa the only thing required for the "appropriate permissions" to work, or is there anything else?
  2. How can I obtain the permissions? 

I believed the game studios helped with that after they hired you. I mean, is it possible to get the work permit without a job?

I never worked outside my country, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you

Edited by Al Anselmo~Intelect0

As far as I understand (I'm looking for jobs abroad since a while) what is meant by companies placing those notices is that you don't have any impediment to get a VISA (read: committed crimes, previous VISA infractions etc.).

I think some countries allow you to get a VISA without you having a job already, I've read a bit about Canada but also Australia is welcoming specialized immigrants (or maybe you could say leading the way).

Edited by blackdog