Sign in to follow this  
┌HP┘

CryENGINE3 SDK Free-of-Charge is OUT!

Is that the FreeSDK or the C2 SDK? In case it is the C2 SDK - do you experience any problems with other DX11 applications?

Do you monitor the heat? The fact that the 2D-Elements of the Editor get weird artifacts makes it a bit weird, cause usually if it's just the driver than it would only artifact the DirectX elements (viewport).

It's the Free SDK. I don't get any problems with any other DX11 apps.

I did check the heat yeah, and it was reaching around 80 degrees C. But that's pretty norm for my graphics card.

I'm tempted to buy a new GPU but it is quite an investment for something I don't really need. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

are you running beta drivers for BF3 or anything by any chance?

do you run multiple gpus or a sli setup? (in both cases: set it to only use one gpu!)

I just use one GPU and I downloaded the very latest drivers from the Nvidia website last night. I could try using different drivers.

I played with Cryengine a little more last night and managed to work for around an hour with no crash. I then tried painting materials on terrain and it started crashing again. It seems to ONLY happen whilst modifying terrain geometry or painting terrain materials. Very strange!

Have you tried exchanging the mothermodem, the very heart of the harddrive?

:-D

Try older drivers, try borrowing a friend's GPU (or ask IT at work). If you have any form of clock on anything; reset that to factory defaults. Just generally, try lots of stuff. Run a solid diagnostics-tool on the computer to see if it finds anything (there are free ones available, can't think of a name right now). Do an inventory of the software you have installed on the machine; see what could be "colliding" with graphics-oriented stuff. A clean re-install is always nice to keep computers alive and well.