Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's still on the team (as confirmed by epsilons site) so I'm guessing he's in the clear.

The only guy (skadoodle) that didn't receive skins on Ibp didn't get a ban either.

Sucky time for the game professionally though. I hope that's the house now in order and anyone that may of thrown in the past (I doubt two teams is all this affects) is NOT going to do it again.

I'd be interested to know how Valve found this all out. I imagine it's something to do with the unique ID of a skin making it into an associated account of a certain IP address, based on the original account holder. Maybe take into consideration the age of the account as well. Fresh accounts having ££££s worth of skins dumped into them.

So as long as they put the skins into an account that had never been logged into from their home IP and sold the weapons off market for real money (which I believe breaks ToS?) which was transferred into their accounts, maybe they could get away with it.

I would love to know the extent of data valve collect and process, because I bet it's mind boggling.

CSGOLounge tracked suspicious bets made by friends of players on steam, from what I read on Reddit. In short, all who were involved in matchfixing were very very sloppy and it's like they wanted to be caught as it was very easy to trace it back to them.

Edited by tr0nic

I'd be interested to know how Valve found this all out. I imagine it's something to do with the unique ID of a skin making it into an associated account of a certain IP address, based on the original account holder. Maybe take into consideration the age of the account as well. Fresh accounts having ££££s worth of skins dumped into them.

So as long as they put the skins into an account that had never been logged into from their home IP and sold the weapons off market for real money (which I believe breaks ToS?) which was transferred into their accounts, maybe they could get away with it.

I would love to know the extent of data valve collect and process, because I bet it's mind boggling.

Why does it have to be so complicated?

Star player receives items straight after a match... it's immediately traceable and suspicious. And it must be straightforward to see that the items were won betting on matches the final recipients were involved to start with.

Right?

Edited by blackdog

Looks like Valve intends to keep Cobble in the map pool a little longer. They released a big update to it last night:

• Major changes to Cobblestone
Bombsite A:
  • Made bombsite A courtyard smaller
  • Removed spiral stairs at back of bombsite A
  • Pushed forward side-balcony at bombsite A, making it easier to check corners before jumping down
  • Added a static door to entrance to connector from bombsite A
  • Shortened battlement in long A, making it easier to check
  • Raised wall around bombsite A slightly, to give some cover when out in the open
  • Added additional cover in bombsite A
  • Removed balcony at CT side of long A
  • Added an additional chest-height wall at A ramp
  • Removed large boulders in A site
Bombsite B:
  • Made bombsite B courtyard smaller
  • Rerouted T main entrance to bombsite B
  • Made it easier to throw grenades into B site from a safe position as T
  • Added some cover on T platform in bombsite B
  • Moved bombsite B more to the middle of the courtyard
  • Flattened ground at bombsite B
  • Removed back of B area
  • Hut at back of B can now be shot through
  • Added a static door to entrance to bombsite B from connector
Other:
  • Removed stairs and overpass route from dropdown room
  • Widened upper dropdown passage
  • Added a ramp to dropdown to make it easier to peek into lower
  • Players can now jump up via flowerbed in connector to get into dropdown room
  • Removed walls in T tunnels
  • Removed CT sniper room
  • Added a static door to CT side of water room
  • Tweaked layout of water room slightly
  • Removed double window room near T spawn
  • Moved T spawns forward a bit
  • Added a direct ladder to T sniper tower
  • Various optimizations
  • Increased player visibility
  • Fixed a bug where very few chickens were spawned

Some images of the changes:

http://imgur.com/a/Ce9F9

I wonder if these changes will make a difference? Hopefully if it is played at ESL it won't be so boring to watch.

Why does it have to be so complicated?

Star player receives items straight after a match... it's immediately traceable and suspicious. And it must be straightforward to see that the items were won betting on matches the final recipients were involved to start with.

Right?

I wasn't aware they all accepted large trades of rare/expensive skins. If that's the case they're even more stupid than I originally gave them credit for...

Lots of maximum value bets were placed with alternative accounts, I presumed they would be sold in return for real money, get the value outside the ecosystem. Why would you want $11,000 worth of skins in your account? What would you do with them?

And wow @ cbbl

This map is really coming along. Valve would never just drop the map, they would always work on it until it's playable. Why admit defeat? I think season will reappear in a couple of operations before it's put into the game permanently. Or at least an announcement might be made after this operation.

When is this due to finish? I have a backlog of missions, I've pretty much done EVERYTHING I can without doing a classic competitive mission.

Edited by jackophant