Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you not just rename the map on your server (e.g. de_dust2_vers2)? This way the game will recognise the players don't have that map in their game directory and will download it for them.

If rename, will make wrong with bsp file, example orginal name is de_toscan, rename to de_toscan1, map will need long time to creat new NAV file, and radar will lose

And in addition to all this, the cubemaps also break.  Basically, never rename a map file.  It kind of sucks that we're between two different systems with CS:GO, so one takes a single map name and works from there, and the other cannot deal with that.

Could you not just rename the map on your server (e.g. de_dust2_vers2)? This way the game will recognise the players don't have that map in their game directory and will download it for them.

If rename, will make wrong with bsp file, example orginal name is de_toscan, rename to de_toscan1, map will need long time to creat new NAV file, and radar will lose

And in addition to all this, the cubemaps also break.  Basically, never rename a map file.  It kind of sucks that we're between two different systems with CS:GO, so one takes a single map name and works from there, and the other cannot deal with that.

Can u fix my  problem ?

Hi All

I have a big problems with map in server CS:GO, i'm download so many map from gamebanana (there maps dont available in workshop) and put them to csgo/maps on my server and using FastDL. Well, people download and play it OK.

BUT

When a map have an update, I'm download update verison from gamebanana, then replaced old version for csgo/maps and fastDL.... my clients must delete old version if they want play this map on my server, if not, they can not play frown.gif

So...how am I gonna tell my clients that they have to delete old version when map updated ?

Can u fix my  problem ?

Hi All

I have a big problems with map in server CS:GO, i'm download so many map from gamebanana (there maps dont available in workshop) and put them to csgo/maps on my server and using FastDL. Well, people download and play it OK.

BUT

When a map have an update, I'm download update verison from gamebanana, then replaced old version for csgo/maps and fastDL.... my clients must delete old version if they want play this map on my server, if not, they can not play frown.gif

So...how am I gonna tell my clients that they have to delete old version when map updated ?

I don't have a solution other than for the people making the maps correctly titling them when not uploading to the Workshop.

What maps do you guys want to see in the next operation?

Looks like FMPone isn't pushing season (it's not on workshop yet) but Brute is trying to get tuscan upto par ASAP:

wT3Cuv4.png

I don't think it's ready yet but will be interesting to see what Valve does. I was really hoping for a season and tuscan mega operation but if they are not ready for this one the makers have a lot more time to polish for next.

And in addition to all this, the cubemaps also break. Basically, never rename a map file. It kind of sucks that we're between two different systems with CS:GO, so one takes a single map name and works from there, and the other cannot deal with that.

This is sooo ridiculous, how can something related to rendering break because of file name? Valve should really fix it…

Btw it would be horrible anyway, so much bloat.