e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

You mapcore guys are the best and what not but I find it absolutely crummy that Valve is charging $3 to play the maps again on their servers after already doing it. Im more so buying the eligibility for the Phoenix cases. 

You guys forget that the proceeds of the passes go to us, I guess. Plus, I have a strong suspicion new maps are on the way.

Only reason I bought a pass, to support you guys. The new maps either way wont be out till June or later. 

You guys forget that the proceeds of the passes go to us, I guess. Plus, I have a strong suspicion new maps are on the way.

Valve still takes a cut from each pass sale though no? Either way I'm buying a pass. All I wanted for christmas was cache, ali and agency to come back and my dreams came true.

Edited by MrTwoVideoCards

This operation is a terrible joke, really. Big respect for all the people in there and I'm not saying that because the 3 maps I worked on are not in this pack but the best thing about operations is to see good new maps actually played with a lot of people. These operation make the csgo map creation more attractive because everyone can hope about a cool release like this. And thanks to that we had a lot of really good quality maps. But with this operation, people will certainly loose their moivation (lol, a lot of people don't give a shit about weapon skins). I'm thinking about the people who are working hard for the last few months to release their map in time, it's just a back stab for them, and more when you are seing seaside AGAIN!!! (seriously? just put it in the official maplist and let us see new stuff !!) What about Overgrown ? Marquis ? Print ? Backalley ? Season ? Castle ?

In all honesty 3Dnj I was really surprised none of your maps got back in. I really like siege especially. I just can't believe seaside has gotten in AGAIN. Valve grinds our asses about fixing stuff for future operations, meanwhile seaside has the ocean scrolling at 9000mph in the 3d skybox. The flowmap ain't even stretched to fit.

I think 80% of the csgo playerbase feel that way Vilham. But, somehow it got back in.

I think 80% of the csgo playerbase don't buy Operation passes. :D In playtime per day, Seaside is in third place after Cache and Agency, so it must have a following. Don't forget that the maps were decided by a community vote.

I'm a bit torn when it comes to the approach they chose for Operation Phoenix. On one hand, it's a bit less exciting when there's no completely new maps but on the other hand I do think there should be room for Operation maps to return and not just be one-offs that get swept aside after the end of each operation. In any case, I think it would be wise if Valve were a bit more transparent and, for example, clearly state that the next op would be returning maps, just so community level designers are on the same page and can plan accordingly.

Cache should probably get scooped up by Valve after this operation though (and it's creators should receive reasonable compensation). ;)

Congrats, everyone!

Do we have a list of the MapCore skins that have made it in? Looks like Pulse is back in this set?

At first glance, Thurnip's Pulse SG 553 and OniLoLz' AUG Chameleonaire is in. Congratz!