Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

Some update regarding the workshop_publish bug. Apparently this bug has been going on since the start of July. The good news is that Valve finally acknowledged that there's a problem with updating workshop entries... two weeks after the bug started appearing. And of course that means that Valve has absolutely no idea when this bug will be fixed ?

UPDATE: So I tried testing this bug out myself. The issue is that any files published after the start of July will not appear under your list of published files, making any attempt to update your map impossible. You'll also get an "An error occurred while retrieving file information" message every time you bring up the workshop_publish ui. You can still update the steamcommunity.com page, though.

Edited by sn0wsh00
wording, case update, bug description

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

HenryG, the winner of Best eSport caster 2019, the man that came from nothing, has decided to retire from CSGO casting ?

https://www.dbltap.com/posts/henryg-csgo-retirement-casting-01ehcpsvefmy

I find this particularly sad, as he was basically the voice of CS for me, since I got into the eSport pro scene only in 2017. His duo with Sadokist was truly legendary.

Sounds like he will still be part of the CSGO scene, and luckily the announcement is coming in just a couple days. Sounds pretty big from the interview so I wonder how big: a new team he'll manage? A new TO completely?

Hopefully Virre will do a "best of" compilation to celebrate Henry's retirement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic: you slowly dismantle the team with the biggest lineup ever, just to hang them out to dry once you can't accept you were the one failing the team. Not only that but on with the double whammy as the coach leaves at the same time... I mean Janko was with Faze pretty much only because of Niko in the first place, and the statement he's taking a break until 2021 sounds a lot like *speculation* G2 might be waiting out on their coach contract expiration to get Janko in.

Am I the only one that can't see how Niko was ever the No.1 player? I only started following the pro-scene in 2017 so after his Mousesports tenure, but apart some impressive highlights here and there I've never seen Niko take over a game the way you expect a #1 to... at least not in game that counted :ninja:

Edited by blackdog

11 minutes ago, blackdog said:

i was hoping someone would engage ? so long for a community said to revolve around CS

the problem with counter strike is that, even though it gets updated plenty, real actual changes to the fundamental formula are few and far between

That's not a problem in the ''it being a bad game'' sense, because it's not. But it is in the ''trying to find anything worth discussing'' 7 years ( or - arguably - 20 years ) down the line sense

Edited by ThunderKeil

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

i was hoping someone would engage ? so long for a community said to revolve around CS

Does anyone here actually play CSGO anymore? I played it once with my old CS group (2 of which now have kids, reality check.) a few days ago for the first time in over a year.

20 hours ago, ThunderKeil said:

the problem with counter strike is that, even though it gets updated plenty, real actual changes to the fundamental formula are few and far between

That's not a problem in the ''it being a bad game'' sense, because it's not. But it is in the ''trying to find anything worth discussing'' 7 years ( or - arguably - 20 years ) down the line sense

yeah that's why I posted different stuff about pro-scene and what not... I mean there's been the coaching scandal recently.
People used to also post their own highlights.
I keep following the scene watching some bits of matches when the stars align and I'm free and there's a live game on and listening to Thoorin and recently @Pr0nogo

10 hours ago, dux said:

Does anyone here actually play CSGO anymore? I played it once with my old CS group (2 of which now have kids, reality check.) a few days ago for the first time in over a year.

No idea, I stopped playing exactly for the baby-reason. Been wanting back in but every time I feel confident she's on a good streak of sleeping through the night she starts waking.
I just thought that some bits could be interesting cos if people are mapping they are also playing at least a bit?