e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

9 hours ago, blackdog said:

~
so @Roald聽how is this experience going? Are you guys leading for the updates on your map or you get requests from Valve too?

Wondering how hard it is to maintain a live map whilst your day job ticks.

Yeah
Basicly Valve keeps us responsible for the map and give us full control on it.
We update the workshop with a new version, message them and they will ship it out on the next update.
I don't think they even take a close look to what is updated honestly, but I might be wrong, just a feeling.聽
I guess when we fuck up, at the end its our problem :P
We haven't had any feedback so far, just one time a message about a exploit in GrenadeKing's video which we fixed like two updates before.

I don't know about my teammates, but I haven't had much work because of the whole corona thing. But either way it should be very do-able. Untill now it have just been bug fixes and very minor changes which only takes a few hours and we can take turns really or work on it when ever u got time/feel like to. And basicly what you do is keep an eye on reddit, the workshop page and youtube videos (and having great friends to message you on steam about stuff) to find out about bugs and anything crazy. Oh and play some matches yourself ofcourse :D

We will be waiting for the Valve stats at the end of the month before we do anything crazy. But yeaah fixing bugs kinda gets demotivating afther a while and the things become smaller and nitpickier at times. But ehh gotta do it, otherwise u get the same bug reports all over

Edited by Roald

4 hours ago, Roald said:

Yeah
Basicly Valve keeps us responsible for the map and give us full control on it.
We update the workshop with a new version, message them and they will ship it out on the next update.
I don't think they even take a close look to what is updated honestly, but I might be wrong, just a feeling.聽
I guess when we fuck up, at the end its our problem :P
We haven't had any feedback so far, just one time a message about a exploit in GrenadeKing's video which we fixed like two updates before.

I don't know about my teammates, but I haven't had much work because of the whole corona thing. But either way it should be very do-able. Untill now it have just been bug fixes and very minor changes which only takes a few hours and we can take turns really or work on it when ever u got time/feel like to. And basicly what you do is keep an eye on reddit, the workshop page and youtube videos (and having great friends to message you on steam about stuff) to find out about bugs and anything crazy. Oh and play some matches yourself ofcourse :D

We will be waiting for the Valve stats at the end of the month before we do anything crazy. But yeaah fixing bugs kinda gets demotivating afther a while and the things become smaller and nitpickier at times. But ehh gotta do it, otherwise u get the same bug reports all over

Will add that Magnar checks the maps before merging :D聽One time he didn't and they uploaded wrong version of Abbey funny times.

2 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

This is how I comment all my code, what did you guys really expect?

I don't even blame him, but only at Valve would something like this make it into a public build and get leaked. Its mostly hilarious imo!

Edited by Interfearance