e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

7 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Oh I see, sorry I thought you had a problem with how smooth clip brushes made movement, now I see what you mean and yeah I agree, you ever played cs_office before they updated last year, nothing was clipped and the stairs were 16 united tall, it was a headache.

Edited by fewseb

They would just need to switch from a bounding box used for the player collision with the world to a more classic capsule or something else.
It would probably impact the gameplay quite a lot though and people are really used to it for precise movements.

I wouldn't mind a transition to Source 2 the same way they did it on Dota 2, or even with CSS back in 2010 (where they moved it from an old 2006 Source engine to the Orange box version)

→ They did a beta branch that lasted a few months and in the end the transition was completely invisible for everyone.

I believe it could be useful to bring back map makers to CSGO and get newer and better content. But yeah, nothing makes this necessary for them and it's risky.

20 hours ago, Interfearance said:

The game hasn't really offered anything new in years, but it is pretty polished in it's current state. Fire spread and aimpunch are still fucked but that's it really.

I mean if you dont count the new 2 gamemodes (dangerzone and scrimmage) the mp5, all the new dangerzone items, and the new drop/viewer pass system, all added less then a year ago, then yeah they dont add a whole lot.

I also fail to see how fire spread is fucked, it spreads bade on how lands, more of it goes in front, it eventually evens out behind.

Edited by fewseb

@fewseb There are multiple issues with it. It spreads upwards through floors. It starts dealing damage before you hear the "ow" noises, so you think you are safe but you about to die. You see it in pro league quite a bit. They are also very hard to see through unless you use higher shading, but sacrifice that 240 fps. The insane vertical spread is not really a problem but it just adds to the klunkiness and unpredictability. 

No one gives a crap about the game modes if they have over 1k hours. When is the last time you have played them? The mp5 is directly worse to the mp7, it fell off fast. The new viewer system is somehow worse than the old one, souvenirs are dead.

I have played indie games that have been releasing major updates at quadruple the rate for years. Here in csgo we get breadcrumb updates that don't affect 99.99% of the playerbase every week. Loss bonus is one of the only major updates that affected comp in any way and you didn't mention it.

People think valve is calculating every move behind the scenes but they come out with shit like dz, the mp5, and the r8.

Edited by Interfearance

@Interfearance

Comparing DZ and the mp5 to the revolver is unfair.

The mp5 effectively led to the mp7 being usable, and (imo) danger zone is pretty fun with a friend.
Revolver - fucking destroys everything upon launch, is now barely used.

5 hours ago, Interfearance said:

@fewseb There are multiple issues with it. It spreads upwards through floors. It starts dealing damage before you hear the "ow" noises, so you think you are safe but you about to die. You see it in pro league quite a bit. They are also very hard to see through unless you use higher shading, but sacrifice that 240 fps. The insane vertical spread is not really a problem but it just adds to the klunkiness and unpredictability. 

No one gives a crap about the game modes if they have over 1k hours. When is the last time you have played them? The mp5 is directly worse to the mp7, it fell off fast. The new viewer system is somehow worse than the old one, souvenirs are dead.

I have played indie games that have been releasing major updates at quadruple the rate for years. Here in csgo we get breadcrumb updates that don't affect 99.99% of the playerbase every week. Loss bonus is one of the only major updates that affected comp in any way and you didn't mention it.

People think valve is calculating every move behind the scenes but they come out with shit like dz, the mp5, and the r8.

??? Scrimmage is pretty popular, its unranked match making after all. I like Danger Zone, it usually has 2000 players queing at any given time of day. But it doesnt matter whether you think people like them or not, those are major updates that all came out less then a year ago, +more that I didnt mention.You claimed they hadnt added anything major in years, I showed you were wrong.

This actually some reddit tier cringe posting from you. Valve hasnt added anything you like therefor they havnt added anything at all. "OH but nobody likes all these news things because I dont like them so it doesnt count" Change Fire Spread and aim punch to 128 tick and fix vac and may as well be copy pasted directly from reddit.

I was arguing that the updates were not significant enough to change the game and make it fresh. This is literally why you replied to me originally (lol).

I don't care how much content they dump on us if it literally doesn't matter and is played by .3% of the playerbase or not used at all.

Br is not new at all, you are literally the one taking part in the Reddit circle jerk that occurs among randos every time an update drops. You probably drool over the videos where 3kliksphilip reads update logs.

19 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

I was arguing that the updates were not significant enough to change the game and make it fresh. This is literally why you replied to me originally (lol).

I don't care how much content they dump on us if it literally doesn't matter and is played by .3% of the playerbase or not used at all.

Br is not new at all, you are literally the one taking part in the Reddit circle jerk that occurs among randos every time an update drops. You probably drool over the videos where 3kliksphilip reads update logs.

" The game hasn't really offered anything new in years, but it is pretty polished in it's current state. Fire spread and aimpunch are still fucked but that's it really. "

Thats literally what you wrote, that the game hasnt offered anything new in years when in fact it had.  But please, do tell us what you would prefer to see released as new content since no amount of new gamemodes or weapons will please you, tell us what you want.

NOBODY asked for a battle Royale or a new SMG.

What do I want?

New maps from valve that try new things like canals (minus the shit timings and execution). Something like ovp was. Even with a massive competition going on, I have yet to see anything that is really out there. I get it though, it's a small timeframe and 4 square layouts are safe.

I also want updated visuals. There are plenty of better looking games that run at over 240 fps.

Gamemodes that try to be competitive would also be really cool. I am trying to work on one but I have to learn vscript.

7 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

NOBODY asked for a battle Royale or a new SMG.

Except they did. People were screaming for the mp5 since launch, until it was released not a week went by where there wasnt at least 1 reddit or steam forums posts asking for it. People also asked for a revolver and an automatic pistol before those were added, not as much as the mp5 but it was still a common request.

All anybody was talking about before it came out was a cs battle royal, people thought the game was dying and since BRs were the only popular games at the time they wanted to see a cs BR. Now granted many of those same people were disappointed in Danger Zone but they were still asking for a BR and they got one. Bottom line is, even thought you might not have wanted them, alot of other people did.

I also want to see new Valve maps but you know as well as I do that any new unique layout they would produce would be bad for at least a year. It was like that for overpass and cobblestone, even more so for canals. The community actively deincentivizes them to make new maps, but I want to see them.

I agree that it would be cool to see new competitive gamemodes, just like scrimmage or recently dangerzone which has ranks.

2 hours ago, Interfearance said:

New maps from valve that try new things like canals (minus the shit timings and execution). Something like ovp was. Even with a massive competition going on, I have yet to see anything that is really out there. I get it though, it's a small timeframe and 4 square layouts are safe.

Why not new community maps? It would add diversity in themes, as well as innovate with layouts.
The scrimmage gamemode has already provided a place to test community maps.
Cache has been the only community map in the competitive pool for years.

Maps don't have to be from volvo to be good.

17 hours ago, mtchromatic said:

Why not new community maps? It would add diversity in themes, as well as innovate with layouts.
The scrimmage gamemode has already provided a place to test community maps.
Cache has been the only community map in the competitive pool for years.

Maps don't have to be from volvo to be good.

biome, breach + abbey are amazing maps. I'd love for them to be considered for active duty.