e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

13 hours ago, PogoP said:

Me and some friends have been trying to get into CSGO the past week or so, and I just don't understand the appeal of it any more. You guys got any tips on how to.. I dunno, enjoy it more? We're trying competitive because casual has way too many people, but it's putting us up against people that can 360 noscope you as soon as you go round a corner. I know the maps and chokepoints well, but I just don't understand how you can beat these people? Also the matchmaking is taking like 6 mins each time... And people complain about a 20 sec wait on PUBG lol.

Any good vids online to learn how to git gud? For example I'm not really sure how I should be spraying either. The gunplay feels really weird in this game coming from PUBG which has really awesome feeling, controllable, realistic weapon recoil.

Oh boy, dunno why it still appeals @PogoP... but in multiplayer i hardly even want to play anything else. It's prob the familiarity, in conjunction to the never ending challenge of people being better than you, and learning new tricks thanks to the pros.

Since you haven't played in ages,  you must have been de-ranked so you should be playing with lower level players... whom are most known to cheat. Literally clear as day so many times, I have an overwatch clip where a wall hacker spots an aim bot and tries to avoid 1-on-1 engagement. So don't get discouraged, grind a bit and you should be out of silver. If you want to rank quicker create a new account, when I created my second account I ranked higher than my main one, in a fraction of the time.

In terms of channels to follow I suggest:

• Elmapuddy for in-depth analysis on particular strat's pro teams execute, or particular play styles of single players (eg how Magisk holds Inferno Pit)
  • Nadeking for all kind of grenade lineups, wallbangs, cheeky angles to hold)
  • Warowl for gun control and the "academy" videos
  • Generally search for 200iq plays, it will give you many ideas
  • Watch Virre's highlight compilations if you want to get hyped

And watch pro matches. Fun way to learn callouts and see the best spots to plant the bomb, and how to defend it.  

If you don't like the AK (WHAT!!!) you can try the Aug and Sig/Krieg, they became very popular after the update that made them cheaper, now they are back up but they have become meta.

SMG: Don't buy the p90 or bison, UMP should still be the best value for money, but I often pick the Steyr or Mac 10... SMG have a very weird potential when jumping around corners. (As seen on Warowl).

As a CT don't buy helmet on T gun rounds because of the headshot potential.

You can download many training maps to practice aim and spray, other script the most common spots so you learn the best sequence to clear an area and where to prefire.

I would recommend to play some wing man because imo helps a lot in learning how to clutch.

Learn how to play behind and around the smoke, it's possible to block players pushing common spots (say forklift in Cache) and because you are outside the smoke you will see them and they won't see you.

Don't be a loser,  buy a defuser + pros don't fake :D

GLHF! ✌

PS these are my own favourite "smoke genie" plays

Edited by blackdog

Yeah, see this is why I'm finding CSGO so tough lol:

image.png.35e959f3d581d205fdc4dc7cf87d977c.png

image.png.066b97544a7dd2088b83034509dbc095.png

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm definitely improving, I'm pretty consistently top of the leaderboard in my placement matches, so I just need to keep on playing!

Edited by PogoP

I had a friend who would grind for top hundred squads every season. The players were usually mediocre, but of course you would always have bush wookie who ruined your game, the circle that killed you, the water that drowned you, your own car running you over, and getting American sniped by an m24 in orbit. You will enjoy csgo.

Yeah I'm enjoying it, thanks all. Had an awful game with some hackers earlier though which made us wanna uninstall 😕

There's something about the Source engine which is so great. The lighting and texture work on De_Nuke is some of the best I've ever seen. It's just so nice. Is it Source's lighting that makes it so nice? Would love to know if there's been any 'making of' videos, articles etc, on that map re-work.

7 hours ago, PogoP said:

Yeah I'm enjoying it, thanks all. Had an awful game with some hackers earlier though which made us wanna uninstall 😕

There's something about the Source engine which is so great. The lighting and texture work on De_Nuke is some of the best I've ever seen. It's just so nice. Is it Source's lighting that makes it so nice? Would love to know if there's been any 'making of' videos, articles etc, on that map re-work.

I don't know of a 'making of', but the Nuke update introduced a number of lighting and shader improvements which the map makes a lot of use of: https://web.archive.org/web/20160229184845/https://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/maps.php (scroll down a little bit).

Edited by Squad

8 hours ago, PogoP said:

There’s less info than the link above on here, but still some nuke info

http://www.counter-strike.net/reintroducing_nuke/

Just now, Vaya said:

what? not following

The Dust 2 has been glorified to the max, and the reference isn't even "dirty". To clarify my use of the word dirty, I mean overgrown vegetation out of map, a sewer water leak here and there, normal mapped mud with reflections. Pretty much everything that can make a dirty map look equally pleasing to the industrial/sterile maps without looking too clean to be true. Source has problems with most of these things. No jabs, just what I have noticed.