e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Anyone know whats going on with my map? There's a lot of weird chicken sound, even tho i didn't add any chicken sound to the map, as you can see theres no chicken at all.

This is happened after i upload to the workshop.

EDIT: No way, this is just not in my head : D Well, i think i know how to fix it.

Edited by Furiosa

On 3.04.2017 at 10:44 PM, Yanzl said:

Valve haven't released any documentation for the new shader stuff, but I found some new parameters in Hammer and -tools material editor.

In Hammer you can add -staticpropbounce to vrad and there's a new setting in prop_static for bounced lighting, but don't really know if it works or not.

As far as the new vmt parameters go, you can now have 2 envmapmasks and 2 detail textures for blend materials. There's also a new system for adjusting the blend border. On VertexLit they added a seperate tint mask that can also specular mask in the red channel. 

I already implemented this stuff in VMT Editor https://github.com/Gira-X/VMT-Editor/releases/tag/v1.3.4 

Two envmapmasks works great.

21mevzc.jpg

"WorldVertexTransition" 

//x - water
//x2 - ground

"$surfaceprop" "puddle" 
"$surfaceprop2" "concrete" 

"$blendmodulatetexture" "concrete/alley_blend"

"$basetexture" "brick/hr_brick/venice/brick_ground_b"
"$basetexture2" "brick/hr_brick/venice/brick_ground_b"

"$bumpmap" "dev/water_normal"
"$bumpmap2" "brick/hr_brick/venice/brick_ground_a_normals"

"$bumptransform" "center 0.5 0.5 scale 2 2 rotate 0.0 translate 0.0 0.0"
"$bumpframe" "0"

"$envmapmask" "lights/white"
"$envmapmask2" "brick/hr_brick/venice/brick_ground_b"

"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
"$envmaptint" "[0.6 0.6 0.6]"

"$phong" "1"

"$phongexponent" "150"
"$phongamount" "[10 10 10 0.1]"

"$phongexponent2" "15"
"$phongamount2" "[10 10 10 1.0]"

"Proxies"

{
    "AnimatedTexture"
    {
        "animatedtexturevar" "$bumpmap"
        "animatedtextureframenumvar" "$bumpframe"
        "animatedtextureframerate" 30.00
    }
}

}

Bounce lighting from models works too. How?

- turn on Enable Bounce Lighting in prop_static entity, from which we want to get a light
- add -staticpropbounce 1-x parameter into $light_exe compile command line, for example, -staticpropbounce 16, higher number=more bounced light

v5y73t.jpg

On the left these are red models with "Enable Bounced Lighting" on. On the right with off. Twice, on models and on brushes. On brushes bounced light is darkness. My $light_exe settings is: -final -staticpropbounce 16 -textureshadows -hdr -StaticPropLighting -StaticPropPolys -game $gamedir $path\$file

Edited by Mamorex

Did anybody check out the changes to militia /canals / cbble? I dont get why valve isnt moving up the spawn on canals. I think that could fix a lot of issues many people have with the map. Militia and cobble changes are looking good to me.

26 minutes ago, grapen said:

When I finally have some time to spare, the SDK gets bricked:|

There is a workaround, but it doesn't solve everything. A bunch of things are not really working properly (Snap to grid is off, units do not get shown in the different views, there is no visual indicator when hovering over things that you can move, etc).

1 hour ago, 'RZL said:

There is a workaround, but it doesn't solve everything. A bunch of things are not really working properly (Snap to grid is off, units do not get shown in the different views, there is no visual indicator when hovering over things that you can move, etc).

Yeah tried it earlier, Hammer crashes for me. It's just a mess right now.

After the last update when trying to run buildcubemaps i get this message: "Can't load vtex_dll.dll"  and no cubemaps are build. I checked the game files integrity and the problem remains. Does anybody else has this problem?