e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

7 hours ago, Pampers said:

finally some silhouette to the player models! the old ones had basically just cylinders for arms and legs

Yeah, I really like the general art direction in CS:GO recently. Slightly stylized, but still with a decent degree of realism, not too cartoony. Nice balance of aesthetics and competitive-friendly design.

Can't wait for other models to be updated. Dust 2 CT guys need it the most in my opinion.

Close before the gloves update I had a obvious hacker again. And during switch to second half when we went T, the CT hacker spawned in our T spawn!I thought Valve fixed this issue twice already.

I still love this game but this game also can piss me off so much!
Also, I saw a video where a hacker explains you need 11 reports within 24 hours to get overwatched. So you never get overwatched banned if you play one game every 24 hours. And with a team of 5 hackers you can play 2 full games.
Every year I start to love valve less and less.

Was just browsing /r/GlobalOffensive and stumbled on It's official. 2016 was the year of only one operation.

I don't really mind about CS:GO much anymore (besides finishing my map for it), but why would they only do 1 operation? There are plenty of quality maps being made, yet they only prefer to do 1 operation.
In 2014 they released 3 operations (4 if you include Vanguard which is 2014-2015).

So 2016 had 1 operation, new nuke, new inferno which is all great as of new content, but meanwhile they neglect all the great maps the community is coming up with.
They seem not to have any problems with releasing new weapon crates, limited use graffiti and the new glove skins, I'm wondering what their next step is towards new loot in a case. But from my standpoint, they are getting close matching this 8 year old video.

Edited by JSadones

Since the format of operations changed (what you're actually paying for now is the missions rather than the maps) they seem to steadily have got fewer and farther between, presumably due to the extra work Valve have to put in to them. On top of all the big updates in 2016 (sound, map refurbs, gloves, graffiti etc.) I guess the CS:GO team was too stretched, and who knows what else they're working on? If they're porting CS:GO over to Source 2 as was rumoured for so long I imagine that's where most of their resources would be directed, and given the rise of Overwatch it would make good business sense to do something major like that to keep the game relevant.

I would like a new operation sooner rather than later though please Valve. :?