e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

1 hour ago, cashed said:

Where's the damn Operation 8

Maybe the next winter update will be the biggest update ever with Operation "Endless(ly wait on) 8", new UI, tons of fixes,etc.

Also, JFK will magically get revived and be the 45th president of the US again.

Sound update is cool, but I'm more interested in the Chinese bill that forces games to show drop rates. Will Valve comply as they did with Dota 2? Does the 0.128% chance for knife/glove theory hold up? Exciting times.

Edited by grapen

I'm not too interested about the Chinese bill. I mean, people have done some pretty deep testing in to this and we pretty much know the drop rates already. Although, it might force them to make the drop rates "fairer" since the minuscule chances we have to get a knife/glove drop will look bad on paper and might see a drop in key sales?

That or they'll just separate the Chinese market and give them their own drop rates and keep the Western drop rates as is.

30 minutes ago, Beck said:

I'm not too interested about the Chinese bill. I mean, people have done some pretty deep testing in to this and we pretty much know the drop rates already.

Any more info about that?

That's exactly why it's interesting :) Because of the consequences.

The chance at exceedingly rare items is highly likely to be 0.128% or slightly higher, below 0.2%. A very, very, very small percentage of CS players have seen the math that points to this. Most people have no idea, many of which would be turned off by bullshit (personal opinion) rates.

1 minute ago, Squad said:

Any more info about that?

Here's some data on 10k openings from one and the same person: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-dESMRnu_o-LwSNCE1ymrE7bxrsGeBP18jiHv8a0N7M/

Edited by grapen

New sound update seems to be good mostly, although for me it's been giving me some rather bad headaches, not sure why.