e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

2 hours ago, RivFader said:

I would still enjoy a "Best of Operation" map rotation, though:

Zoo, Season, Santorini, Resort, Seaside, Agency permanently being available on Valve servers would be amazing.

It would be awesome. But Resort? I didn't like that one. Was that popular among people or is it just that you liked it?

20 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Well maybe the map creators could enlighten us about what is going on?

I mean, it's not like there are much cs go operation maps which do not come from here anyway

They probably know as much as everybody else.

most logical conclusion is removing the old operation maps from the base game to remove the bloat. Since the content is in the VPKs it may lead to the game running better (smaller seek times)

Having an 'all map' operation seems like a very bad idea to me. Some of the older, lesser formed maps would never be touched.

3 minutes ago, Vaya said:

most logical conclusion is removing the old operation maps from the base game to remove the bloat. Since the content is in the VPKs it may lead to the game running better (smaller seek times)

Having an 'all map' operation seems like a very bad idea to me. Some of the older, lesser formed maps would never be touched.

huh? Afaik, OP map assets were never stored in the VPKs. They would have appeared in the SDK otherwise.

Edited by El_Exodus

4 minutes ago, El_Exodus said:

huh? Afaik, OP map assets were never stored in the VPKs. They would have appeared in the SDK otherwise.

oh okay. I assumed the assets didn't appear because they were packed into the .bsps. So how does it currently work? forced workshop download?

35 minutes ago, Vaya said:

oh okay. I assumed the assets didn't appear because they were packed into the .bsps. So how does it currently work? forced workshop download?

Yep they are all asset packed in the game files

41 minutes ago, El_Exodus said:

And Yeah they aren't packed into the vpk but they are still included into the full game package

Makes sense to move them to workshop now so fresh downloads will be smaller, and so people with old demos won't get missing map errors

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Valve really patched the shit out of Inferno only a day after release!

874b9119cb2214a826626d1342042b7d.png

That was fast! Much better than releasing a map officially and causing a lot of trouble because of a few small, but game-breaking bugs.

I like the new Inferno. Good balance between visuals and performance (though it seems a bit inconsistent visually, some art assets are nice looking while other look a bit out-dated). Visibility is improved, movement feels smoother, less pointless clutter - even though there are still a few spots that could use some clip brush love. Seems less CT sided, though we'll have to see it played more to confirm this. Overall very nice.

36 minutes ago, Bevielis said:

What was it that you disliked about Resort? Visually it was easily above the operation standart for maps, the layout was simple and traditional with it's sharp angles and clean pathing, allowing the player's individual skill to show as opposed to unconventional real life spaghetti layouts that create a temporary fun factor in operation maps. Digging deeper into it, the detailing was textbook clean, so if you're one of those people who is legally blind and needs every texture to be a solid colour to see the enemy, this map suits your needs, furthermore it featured a moving physics ball - what more do you want? 

How about two moving physics balls next time?

Alright, the news about inferno got trumped by the sounds discussion…

Just watched couple walkthroughs and because of the above comments I was expecting to see a TF2 map. I find this to be a very truthful update, stuff is cleaner, but not flat/cel shaded.

I won't say I like it more than the old, actually I don't. It has lost that rustic feeling, looks more modern day-grunge kinda place.

Also Inferno with no portico in banana is not Inferno.

Ever since CSS Inferno, banana has been crap. As the only direct path to B for Ts, it is the tightest choke. The pillars always pissed me off.

I like the layout changes. Navigation is smoother now. What I don't like is the overall look. Maybe it's because I was expecting a grittier inferno, but I'm getting the impression that the level designers had two or more artistic directions, couldn't decide on one and merged parts of them together. For one, it has some hints of degradation going on, leaning towards a darker look, but it doesn't explore that idea to a higher degree. I think that could have been used a lot more to give the level some memorable "marks". As it is, all the areas seem washed(I'm not referring to saturation) and devoid of any uniqueness. Remember that destroyed wall from Portal 2? It's never used anywhere else, but it sticks in your memory. 

Spoiler

sJNpKbs.jpg

Edited by Radu

3 hours ago, Bevielis said:

What was it that you disliked about Resort? Visually it was easily above the operation standart for maps, the layout was simple and traditional with it's sharp angles and clean pathing, allowing the player's individual skill to show as opposed to unconventional real life spaghetti layouts that create a temporary fun factor in operation maps. Digging deeper into it, the detailing was textbook clean, so if you're one of those people who is legally blind and needs every texture to be a solid colour to see the enemy, this map suits your needs, furthermore it featured a moving physics ball - what more do you want? 

I didn't realize my comment is going to bring up such a strong feelings :D

Resort was very good looking and I admired some of stuff in it from the level design point of view many times.

However I disliked the layout. There was too much long sightlines and odd paths. Layout was simple yes, but it was also boring. I guess it's just that some maps you like and some you don't. 

And... fyi I am one of those persons who find it hard to see enemy from some textures. I have been diagnosed to have slow focusing in my eyes (dunno how to say it properly in english) which makes it unbelievable hard to focus on enemy sometimes. But great to hear you mocking me about it :)