e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Bad news to top it off as well, it's also massively exploitable. You can spray one side of a transparant brush and it won't be visible on the other side. So you can hide behind the spray with perfect vision

r5kta0wfw57vpet9epla.png

And there's also other exploits such as confusing players by placing a spray near common cover to trick players into thinking they see an enemy, wasting ammo and giving themselves away. See in the link.

https://clips.twitch.tv/anomalyxd/EnthusiasticHerdStrawBeary

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

Bad news to top it off as well, it's also massively exploitable. You can spray one side of a transparant brush and it won't be visible on the other side. So you can hide behind the spray with perfect vision

r5kta0wfw57vpet9epla.png

And there's also other exploits such as confusing players by placing a spray near common cover to trick players into thinking they see an enemy, wasting ammo and giving themselves away. See in the link.

Yikes, now that's bad. I'm sure they will fix the gameplay side of things... but regardless the lack of freedom to use your own files is infuriating. Alongside the limited amount of uses? Eek. I predicted they would eventually implement this after Overwatch did, but even I wasn't cynical enough to predict the limited use factor.

Edited by Fuzzgun
used -> use

11 hours ago, Bastion said:

r5kta0wfw57vpet9epla.png

If things like this are happening, really Valve should make it so you can only spray them onto certain textures (like not a func_breakable). A toggle option for this should really be added because i'm not interested in skins or stickers or sprays now.

It varies from person to person.

I could accept it if they did the following.

• Prevent sprays from being used in competitive (due to messing with peaks and confusing players)
  • Prevent sprays on breakable brushes, windows or similar
  • Make the spray amount unlimited
  • Ensure the sprays use specific colours as little as possible (mostly black and any colours that are common with playermodels) and stick to brighter colours so that players can't use sprays to trick players or make it harder to be spotted.

It will likely go the way of the stickers. die out before the 3rd series gets out of the gate.

They are rubbish at maintaining this game. I haven't played in over a month from sheer frustrations are their ineptitude. Now I see they are charging you to spray a logo on the wall? Lol /quit

4 hours ago, dux said:

They are rubbish at maintaining this game. I haven't played in over a month from sheer frustrations are their ineptitude. Now I see they are charging you to spray a logo on the wall? Lol /quit

yeah all those bugs they fixed really ruined it all for me

Really though, adding sprays (which you don't have to buy, btw) barely changed anything.  This is mostly just another example of the CS community being conservative to a fault.  Literally every change to the game is whined about for weeks on end (remember when the community was in panic mode because you could no longer doom-run while scoped with an awp? lmao).  Frankly I'm a bit happy that the sprays were added so dumbshits who know nothing about audio stopped complaining that they changed the objectively trash gun sounds.

imo the spray system just needs a few tweaks to be good: removal of the 50 spray limit on paid sprays, and limiting the use of them in competitive to only be in non-active times.

36 minutes ago, dux said:

The gun sounds are trash though. No reason for changing them.

I think old were trash too. Imo chaging gun sounds was good idea but some of the new sounds are even worse than old ones.

I dunno if it's just me but I have a harder time pinpointing where enemies are from their footsteps since they've changes all the sounds. Maybe it's just because I don't play as much as I used to or I'm getting old :P 

Anyone else getting this? Are there some audio setting which I can tweak to help with this?

1 hour ago, dux said:

The gun sounds are trash though. No reason for changing them.

Old AK sound:

iHg2xjO.png

New AK sound:

vkejqHy.png

yeah w/e there were no issues whatsoever with the old sounds, forget that they clipped in a thousand places, ship it 👍👌

Really though, that old sound is broken as fuck.  Sounds that clip that much really shouldn't be shipping with the game.