e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Any idea why valve is moving toward model-heavy maps? pretty much all the detailing seems to be model based - no where near as many decals etc as normal. Things that were handled by decals in train_hr like no smoking signs etc have been made into models for hr_nuke 

I guess that's because they want something both clean for readability and for the map's theme (it's a modern industrial site, not old or abandonned or something like that). If you do this and don't want to make your level empty with nothing interesting to look at, you can add many many many details like they did. The good thing, is that they work a lot on the colors of the props, most of them are grey or very pale colors, not to be noticed to much compared to the rest. Only key props are colors (in yellow for most of them), to guide the player view through the geometry.

Anyone know if its possible to open up the new nuke in hammer, been going through the .pak files but haven't found a way.

AgcZyWN.jpg

For some reason Valve embedded a lot of the used props into the bsp (which somewhat explains the 275 MB bsp filesize), but not all of them. You need to extract those from the bsp, if you want to check it out properly in Hammer.

My new favorite quote from reddit:

On the old nuke I would average between 100-150 FPS

Reddit 2016:

-Wants a remake of the map

-Complains about how expensive it is to render.

New nuke looks great. I'm hoping for inferno to be remade next.

AgcZyWN.jpg

For some reason Valve embedded a lot of the used props into the bsp (which somewhat explains the 275 MB bsp filesize), but not all of them. You need to extract those from the bsp, if you want to check it out properly in Hammer.

I wonder why i can see all the custom content of de_nuke_zoo.vmf in Hammer but when i compile it, it's almost all black ingame? Isn't Hammer accessing the vpk files of the game?

Edited by El_Exodus

Maybe I shouldn't comment after only looking at the screen, but I'm not that enthusiastic for Nuke.
Yes, generally looks obviously better, but I dunno if they photoshopped the screens like there was no tomorrow, but I get the same feeling of when HL was toward the end of its life and there were those modders pushing the engine to the limit and using pre-antialiased textures.
Looks so plastic-y.

Also what's with all that yellow? Seriously, am I the only one that thinks there's really too much? Like ok A was a flat slab before, but they went a bit overboard with all the horizontal signage (I don't care if it's realistic).

They talk about readability on the blog but frankly, B in particular, don't seem readable at all to me.

~

Anyway, congrats to the many mapcoreans that got featured :)

Edited by blackdog

I wonder why i can see all the custom content of de_nuke_zoo.vmf in Hammer but when i compile it, it's almost all black ingame? Isn't Hammer accessing the vpk files of the game?

Sorry if this is a silly question but where did you find de_nuke_d.vmf? My sdk_content/maps/ folder doesn't have a official CSGO folder.

I think the skybox is from their new coop map, it's pretty cool, kinda of L4D2-esque

Hidden Content

The explosive barrels are crazy xD Aha
If you want to see the map, you need to manualy load coop_cementplant.

Oh and, I think they re-activated the details sprites on the materials (or I missed that info in the update notes) :

lqPS6XL.jpg

Edited by El Moroes

The explosive barrels are crazy xD Aha
If you want to see the map, you need to manualy load coop_cementplant.

Oh and, I think they re-activated the details sprites on the materials (or I missed that info in the update notes) :

lqPS6XL.jpg

I saw them on the old nuke screenshot from tagging guide and now saw them in game .

Edited by LizardPL

1. After update I can't compile models with WallWorm.

ERROR: d:\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike global offensive\csgo\models\mamorex\grass.qc(13): - expecting number, got "-1.0"
ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'mamorex/grass.mdl'
CDynamicFunction: Closing library 'Kernel32.dll' (74DF0000)
Press any key to continue . . .

2. I have an issue with ATI card like other players.
3. Static Props show up black and Valve will not fix it! They writed that I must use full compile all times (when Unreal Engine and other game engines have a real time editors)! https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Static_Props_show_up_black
4. What is the grass stuff? I can't find, how to use a new cs_grass shader. Sprites or what? Detail sprites not work for me by old method.

---

Oh! We have a next update. ~123 MB http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

Veryfying game after update eternally. I must reinstall game. Nice.

Edited by Mamorex

it is quite portal2ish in looks= bright and colourful. I'd say santorini/coast (and to a lesser extent milka) are a little like this too.

I prefer this to be honest as its nicer to play in than a drab environment. I'm aiming for Solution being like this too (we'll see what happens there)

Edited by Vaya