e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

– Maps can have multiple radar images based on player height.

"Based on player height" sounds odd, but I guess that you can have 2 different radar images on Nuke based on if you're on A-site or B-site? Correct?

The idea with the radar is great and I must say that I I am impressed with the maps election with regards to the Mapcore mapping contest (Poor Bourg, though). I went over every map when they were released and I thought Mikla was a bit problematic with its layout at times, honestly the biggest surprise for me in this selection.

As for the campaigns, I like that they try to give CS a story you canj play through with friends. It will be fun to coop my way through it, but it also begs the question: Why doesn't use Valve these special maps and combine them with the weapon course to give newer players and veterans a campaign outside of operations - to either learn the game or chase highscores. I think it's worth a thought.

"Based on player height" sounds odd, but I guess that you can have 2 different radar images on Nuke based on if you're on A-site or B-site? Correct?

should be an event trigger based on the altitude of the player like: between z=a and z=b you have one radar, and between z=b and z=c another etc, right?

Mikla may seem weird when you're running around it but I think it's super intuitive in a match. I'm enjoying all the maps just now (even nuke which has had all it's edges smoothed.

I think that's good. Now T's can take more control of yard. I really like the new rafters leading to CT-side heaven, I've always wanted to see that walkway implemented

my problem with this is now ANY T team can roll right over yard like a tidal wave. What does a CT hold when the terrorists can come from like 2-3 different levels? The map may well go from super CT sided to super T sided.

Mikla may seem weird when you're running around it but I think it's super intuitive in a match. I'm enjoying all the maps just now (even nuke which has had all it's edges smoothed.

my problem with this is now ANY T team can roll right over yard like a tidal wave. What does a CT hold when the terrorists can come from like 2-3 different levels? The map may well go from super CT sided to super T sided.

It wasn't that hard for Ts to access yard with a couple of smokes, and that wont change. A lot of people opted for boosting on to container anyway.

The only issue I see is the ease of being able to get to heaven as a T, but heaven has always been a very powerful position so I think it should help, as by the look of it, Ts can boost up outside mini to gain access to that if they didn't use the container and don't want to expose themselves by running towards hell to get up to heaven.

#STRATSYO

Anyway, congratulations to all the mapcorians in the operation!

Edited by jackophant

As in most of my competitive matches on old nuke, we only spotted on outside, never trying that hard to hold it.
Me and my teammates mostly fighted around A site and B site with the given knowledge if T's were pushing through secret or just going A mini.

Still I think a good CT smoke could stop a T rush on yard. The only thing now is that the CT covering yard still has to cover Silo much more now.

But the most important thing I hope for, is that , in casual play, T's stop camping on the lobby roof, cause that was boring as hell.

Then i also feel the new Secret stairs are a bit too narrow.

And last but not least the open and closing of the vents is a nice gimmick and could lead to interesting gameplay i guess.

Edited by Tomato
added thoughts

I like this new nuke design, very cool indeed, but i think it could be too T sided now.

I dislike that they ruined the Nuke jump, especially with this overpowered extended catwalk.

Its sad that de_neutron didnt make it.
cs_cruise doesnt look finished! not ready for an operation.

Edited by baem123

Something is very wrong with the smokes, played a few games in matchmaking, appears that smokes are randomely showing up and disapearing for different players. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Playing royal wherever I threw my smoke it just diddnt show up.

Seriously, how does this stuff slip through!?!?

Edited by Teroust

Something is very wrong with the smokes, played a few games in matchmaking, appears that smokes are randomely showing up and disapearing for different players. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Playing royal wherever I threw my smoke it just diddnt show up.

Seriously, how does this stuff slip through!?!?

Apparently if you alt+tab the smoke disappears bug has returned.

Edited by Beck