e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I can see a rationale for the rifle changes, but honestly it seems like the effort to push the AUG and SSG is kind of never going to work. The user experience on those guns totally sucks, they become inaccurate RNG machines after the very first bullet, and the whole point of them is to pop off targets long range. If you miss your first shot, it's useless, but aren't they supposed to be accurate? 

People just want want reliability of their guns, it's why you'll settle for not having a scope with an AK or m4, at least if you miss you can't blame the gun. Or, that was how it worked. 

The AWP/AK/m4 trifecta has pretty much always defined CS when other games would have more balanced arsenals but maybe nothing that feels as compelling as that combo. I've read that the change to accuracy was less than 2%, in any event it would be interesting to learn the rationale behind a change, but explaining it to the community just gives them ammunition in reactionary arguments, so I totally get why that doesn't happen more often and I definitiely don't think the community should act as armchair game developers on minute details like this.

The AUG and SG are accurate, the hard part is the recoil. AUG and SG are just a mess to play with, no feeling what so ever, with an AK you feel like a god, and with the M4 like a stealthy accurate sharp shooter. 

They honestly feel like the guns in those f2p fps games, no effort put into them what so ever, just look at the SG, that thing look hideous. 

I'd like to see them address that, but I worry people would say that they're harming the core rifles. I try out the AUG and SG sometimes and I don't want to like them, something about them is really unsatisfactory as you say. What would CS look like if we all enjoyed those guns more?

I'd like to see them address that, but I worry people would say that they're harming the core rifles. I try out the AUG and SG sometimes and I don't want to like them, something about them is really unsatisfactory as you say. What would CS look like if we all enjoyed those guns more?

cod

The sounds of these guns are so weak. They feel super boring. The gameplay itself with these guns is alright, but the feeling when holding and shooting them is.... meh.

I enjoy playing with the SG. I am good with the AK, but I think the SG's tap and potential for holding angles is insane once you get a hold of a site. If you have people who are more aggressive on your team, you can use the Sg to provide an intresting mix of weapons.

I think they need to overhaul the weapon sounds though. A lot of the weapons feel less good than they are.

I enjoy playing with the SG. I am good with the AK, but I think the SG's tap and potential for holding angles is insane once you get a hold of a site. If you have people who are more aggressive on your team, you can use the Sg to provide an intresting mix of weapons.

I think they need to overhaul the weapon sounds though. A lot of the weapons feel less good than they are.

I agree, and I feel like it is more suited for tap shooting, since it is way more accurate at a distance, that it's a one headshot kill, and that it's spray pattern is very different compared to most guns in the game!

@FMPONE changes are not so minute if so many people complain. 2% in a highly polished/iterated system sound like a lot.

The AUG and SG are accurate, the hard part is the recoil. AUG and SG are just a mess to play with, no feeling what so ever

They honestly feel like the guns in those f2p fps games, no effort put into them what so ever, just look at the SG, that thing look hideous. 

well actually that's how I feel of any weapon in CSGO, I've been banging this nail since the announce trailers, but all weapon models look like toys and animations are uninteresting. I think sounds are also less nice than in previous iterations. Grenades as well.

James "Yet to Frag" Bardolph

Poor guy got roasted in the play it cool tournament, but it is amusing:

Poor guy was casting until 4am UK time, took a 6am flight to Sweden and got 1 hour of sleep. But let's just presume he's always like this for the kids on youtube :P 

James "Yet to Frag" Bardolph

Poor guy got roasted in the play it cool tournament, but it is amusing:

Poor guy was casting until 4am UK time, took a 6am flight to Sweden and got 1 hour of sleep. But let's just presume he's always like this for the kids on youtube :P 

Haha, that was pretty fun to watch :D The commentators switching between making fun of him and cheering for him when he was on to do something good was hilarious :) Also, I liked the setup of the whole "tournament".