Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people smurf down to Gold Nova... surely you'd be smurfed? 

I meant smurfing to silver ranks, i know it's extra frustrating for the lower ranks to be stuck with a smurf who pwns an entire team, but i've always wanted to smurf on silver ranks. ( As for me i've never encountered a single smurf  on mm's, mostly cause i play casual more )

Tbh silver smurfs are not worth it. I fought my way from Nova 3 to Silver 1 with my 3rd acc and it's pure pain. Nova 1 towards Silver 1 is also roughly the same skill. Due to the change of the ranks during the 10 placement matches, all ex-silvers became Novas and flood these ranks because of it. Therefore there are almost none left in Silver  ranks and it's not even possible to find a match within 20 minutes queue time with max ping at 350. I did it because i wanted to see the lowest skill possible at least once, but it's simply not worth it. If you want to smurf, forget MM and DM only a few weeks. You'll shrek your rank-mates easily because Nova is the new silver. No offense, but as a Nova, there is no point in smurfing. 

tl;dr: don't.

there are reasons beyond not smurfing just because of someone's rank... it's bad mmmkay?

ofc I can't say I'm innocent of this, but I had different reasons and definitely did not abuse the skill gap.

I found the worst players were around the MG skill rank, they were the toughest matches. Mostly everyone who i met at gold nova played better because they had no ego about the game and worked better as a team (admittedly usually under my guidance). Get to MG1 and every one thinks they're fucking get_right, everyone's always letting them down and can't puill their weight, despite the toxic butt hole bottom fragging.

I would rather be gold nova having fun than up here full of egotistical shits where a game is crippled by lack of team cohesion.

there are reasons beyond not smurfing just because of someone's rank... it's bad mmmkay?

ofc I can't say I'm innocent of this, but I had different reasons and definitely did not abuse the skill gap.

I found the worst players were around the MG skill rank, they were the toughest matches. Mostly everyone who i met at gold nova played better because they had no ego about the game and worked better as a team (admittedly usually under my guidance). Get to MG1 and every one thinks they're fucking get_right, everyone's always letting them down and can't puill their weight, despite the toxic butt hole bottom fragging.

I would rather be gold nova having fun than up here full of egotistical shits where a game is crippled by lack of team cohesion.

As a recent MG: this is very true.  If you say anything that goes against the "master plan" (usually 'rush a no sotp'), they will explain to you that you are playing the game wrong/you are bad, etc.  Or if they pull dumb garbage and die for it, they will *always* claim anyone playing sensibly is baiting.

As a recent MG: this is very true.  If you say anything that goes against the "master plan" (usually 'rush a no sotp'), they will explain to you that you are playing the game wrong/you are bad, etc.  Or if they pull dumb garbage and die for it, they will *always* claim anyone playing sensibly is baiting.

All true. I was stuck at MG level for ages playing with random idiots that all played lone wolf. This was before the ban waves though, not sure how MG plays nowadays.

I usually sit back and wait to see if someone wants to suggest a plan or anything. If someone does speak up it's usually pretty controlling "alright we're going to go A"... 

inb4 I go mid to watch flank and team mates clog up double doors to nade stack and get ripped apart

OMG JACKONOOB Y U BAIT MID

-__________________-

Can anyone explain me why I had to keep CS running in background for an hour to download workshop maps I'm subscribed to, and there was no download at all in Steam?

Hey I installed CS again a few days ago after the big cleanup I did on Steam, reinstalling only the few games I'm playing.

I wanted to take a look at certain workshop maps but when I'm on the Workshop tab of the play offline, all maps but two have a spinning wheel and nothing happens. There are no downloads going on so I assumed I was all up to date as I've seen in the past days that Steam was downloading some Workshop content!

Anyone has an explanation?

I experienced this lately as well. It eventually finished the download, but it took a ridiculous amount of time. No idea why.

Stop hating the nova's. Some of us are bad because we don't play as often,  sometimes because we don't know how to use our hands bit whatever it's a game and we don't insult you for being better than us.

you're improving a lot :)

While I seem to be getting worse with every game :(

you're improving a lot :)

While I seem to be getting worse with every game :(

thanks but it depends on whether or not I understand fast enough how the map is played and how the timing works, that may be the case for you too!

I could improve a lot more if I played more competitive matches, but I don't find any fun in it while solo queuing, and having fun is basically the purpose of the game, not being global (or having a FN AWP startrak Dragon Lore :))

Stop hating the nova's. Some of us are bad because we don't play as often,  sometimes because we don't know how to use our hands bit whatever it's a game and we don't insult you for being better than us.

I don't think it anyone meant to hate on Novas or players of any particular rank, but the reality is that some ranks has more toxic players than other. Sadly most of the random players I play with tend to be as toxic as B-site on Nuke...

And you certainly don't play as a Nova, I could tell just by the few times I ran into you in yesterdays play-session :P

I don't think it anyone meant to hate on Novas or players of any particular rank, but the reality is that some ranks has more toxic players than other. Sadly most of the random players I play with tend to be as toxic as B-site on Nuke...

And you certainly don't play as a Nova, I could tell just by the few times I ran into you in yesterdays play-session :P

Yeah especially since there are probably more toxic players in Nova than in some other ranks :) toxic players are fun to play against, but not with.. I had the same toxic people in basketball but they thankfully weren't on my team and we played on the fact that they were toxic to win (aaaaaaah nostalgia)

Well on the first map yeah, but the second was a disaster for my level quality! (I'm not criticizing the map by saying that)

thanks but it depends on whether or not I understand fast enough how the map is played and how the timing works, that may be the case for you too!

nice sentiment but these are maps I've been playing for 2000 hours. :P

My aim is all out of wack so I'm losing every 1 vs 1. Tried spending hours relearning on DM but no matter how good I do it doesn't translate to ESEA/Comp

nice sentiment but these are maps I've been playing for 2000 hours. :P

My aim is all out of wack so I'm losing every 1 vs 1. Tried spending hours relearning on DM but no matter how good I do it doesn't translate to ESEA/Comp

I thought you were talking about playtests :)

well it happens, try to have fun and it will come back :) and remember that being on mapcore you have tactical advantage on operations map ;)

• Sprony locked this topic
  • Sprony unlocked this topic