Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing dust 2 is maybe to make room for season? Seeing that in majors dust 2 is often vetoed and that we see a lot more of more recent maps, they may try to add some variety in their map pool. If it was up to me I'd make the pool larger by adding 2 maps, don't know which ones but still :)

it's however more likely that inferno gets pushed out of the pool until it gets modified, just like Nuke was, even if overall they may need less work on it, unless they decide to keep the layout features while redoing the looks, both on dust and inferno, those are valid hypothesis but how likely they are, you tell me!

Edited by laminutederire

nah season isn't ready for active duty- I don't think @FMPONE is actively working on it now either.  There was a lot more drive behind getting Cache in- I remember the ridiculous operation stats with it being played like 10x more than the other maps.

I'm hoping for a new csgo only comp map being made by the community. Something like what mirage/tuscan was to 1.6 or cache to CS:S. 

I'm hoping for a new csgo only comp map being made by the community. Something like what mirage/tuscan was to 1.6 or cache to CS:S. 

With how CSGO works these days, maps can't creep up on the community and be liked gradually via 3rd party leagues. They need to hit the ground running when they land in their first operation, and few maps generate hype like FMPONE's so I guess we'll see how Santorini does for an original CSGO map. (having said that Agency is well liked, but would not make it into official pool because hostage)

I think that despite being the most balanced map, Dust 2 is a bit boring and I'd welcome an almost equally balanced Dust 3.

I've always been of the opinion that a competitive map pool should regularly change, say every season. Quite glad Valve has started doing basically that.

havent played in such a long time that don't find footstep sounds weird, they are nice. The one wrong thing is that jump sounds the same everywhere, and soils metal sounds like walking on terracotta roof tiles.

Edited by blackdog

I think the game's growing community is big enough to support a larger mappool, maybe it is time we add a third group of maps - ideally a mixture of the best operation maps and a few reworks of classic maps like contra or Mill. Cycle the mappool regulary, give the reserve group maps some love as well and maybe even introduce some sort of "map of the month" to put maps not in operations into the spotlight as well and I think we could have a very healthy community map-wise.

I just looked at metacritic. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/counter-strike-global-offensive/user-reviews?sort-by=score&num_items=100&page=4

So many people are retarded. Here are some of the people that gave cs:go a 0.

Everone who said CS:COD is absolutly right.

Weapons have some absurd cone of fire

The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable.

I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours... 
I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always.. 

This game is a carbon copy of Call of Duty. It was unrewarding. All I saw in the game chat was a bunch of mild-mannered insults, like "Suck it b***h" and "Go play somewhere else." The gameplay was unbalanced, you would join in the middle of games that are in progress and be at a severe disadvantage. It's actually less fun than Call of Duty.

Can anyone explain me why I had to keep CS running in background for an hour to download workshop maps I'm subscribed to, and there was no download at all in Steam?

Hey I installed CS again a few days ago after the big cleanup I did on Steam, reinstalling only the few games I'm playing.

I wanted to take a look at certain workshop maps but when I'm on the Workshop tab of the play offline, all maps but two have a spinning wheel and nothing happens. There are no downloads going on so I assumed I was all up to date as I've seen in the past days that Steam was downloading some Workshop content!

Anyone has an explanation?

Edited by blackdog