e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Got to appreciate that valve updated this toolbox model for vertigo, but didnt include an open lid variant, or set it up to be tint-able, even though the older variants both could, and since its this dark tan color by default you cant even try to color it something else.

This is the same company that spammed the editor with a hundred variants of vent and pipe props trying to give mappers something modular to work with, and even introduced a new tinting system to work with decals, but then goes and does this with almost everything else (looking at you hr_dust's doors and windows)

epicvalve.JPG.6ad816c671b93433ea22e3df11ae4903.JPG

On 1/24/2019 at 7:14 PM, fewseb said:

Got to appreciate that valve updated this toolbox model for vertigo, but didnt include an open lid variant, or set it up to be tint-able, even though the older variants both could, and since its this dark tan color by default you cant even try to color it something else. 

This is the same company that spammed the editor with a hundred variants of vent and pipe props trying to give mappers something modular to work with, and even introduced a new tinting system to work with decals, but then goes and does this with almost everything else (looking at you hr_dust's doors and windows)

epicvalve.JPG.6ad816c671b93433ea22e3df11ae4903.JPG

Apparently valve thought this was lame as well, since they've updated the tool box to be tintable and it is now white be default. (still no opened variant though)

On 2/1/2019 at 3:02 AM, DMU222 said:

Qued for a few matches on Abbey and Zoo since they are now available in comp, and noticed that the wait time for Abbey was literally shorter than Dust 2! Congrats @Lizard and @Thewhaleman, you have dethroned the king of all CSGO maps.

Thank You!

@blackdog I once watched an interview with a CEO who was discussing advertising, and stated that he knew 50% of his advertisment budget was being wasted but he had no way of being able to tell what regions he was reaching and what regions his ads were lost on. Advertisers seldom care about not being able to reach an audience due to the circumstances of their ad, but rather the effect it has on the lifestyle they are selling. Many successful ad campaigns today rely on creating a lifestyle rather than selling a product. Some companies today spend exorbitant amounts of money on marketing and little to none on research and production, yet make it big (e.g. beats). To take an extreme case look at pharmaceutical ads (enough said). Advertisers are worried that a game with terrorists will end up leaving a blotch on the lifestyle they are trying to sell. Furthermore, the media will put big brands under scrutiny, and potentially give them unwanted trouble for running ads in a game where you are a terrorist. For companies actually wanting to sell a product, how good of a market are gamers, or people who are already well versed in modern peripherals and components and see right through bullshit? This video (although informative enough) was made by a "brand" that hires people to read scripts. That guy probably never touched a mouse and keyboard in his life. Everybody watching the video knows what csgo is, and has most likely played it. Similarly, sponsors only see things on a surface, risk and expenses vs profit level, while not knowing much about the competitive scene. TLDR: Its all a money game at higher levels, and there is no way to make the game more appealing to the sponsors other than changing  the themes entirely. Valve needs to put some of their skin money to work and stop overcrowding the year with pro matches.

Definitely an unfortunate situation, I don't think it would be in the same place if counter strike was expected to become so big (and for such a long time) from the beginning.

It probably is helping that Television stations are broadcasting CS:GO events more often now, for example we had Sky Sports covering the last major final which was really cool. As @Interfearance pointed out the surface level risk being a large factor, I feel like that will at least do something to reduce that risk. Actual licensed TV probably seems safer and more reputable (+additional viewership for their brand) to the sponsors eye opposed to the internet, where anything goes, for example.

That last point in the video with the suggestion about renaming Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists to attack and defense, I would fully support. It rarely ever goes through my mind what the teams actually stand for, let alone the players even being 'human' apposed to just moving targets. I would disagree with changing them in a perfect world, but if it means a better public perception in this one then sure.

Will weight in the sponsors another time.

For now what a performance NaVi and Zeus in particular! Faze out of the major with a 0-2, dropping their map choice (aimferno) after a 10-5 lead!

Edited by blackdog

W00t massive upset tonight! Liquid chockes and crumbles in front of Ence that played a masterful CSGO. I’m so happy for Allu returning like that on the big stage.

Now I’m hoping for NiP to do the unexpected 😎